cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How does one connect the MDM system with BI?

1. Is it similar to R/3 where we activate datasources in R/3 , replicate, activate content in BI and go from there?

2. Is it different? Do we need XI for this? If so what are the importan/ overall steps?

Cheers

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Anand

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

the SAP standard repositories contain syndication maps to send data to BI. BI has build in data sources to receive this data. In this scenario XI is used to get the messages from XI and to push them into BI.

A slightly different scenario is the consolidation of BI master data using MDM. With BI 7.0 there's a tight integration available which uses MDM's ABAP API. XI is not needed there.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a small additional detail:

AFAIK, you need MDM 5.5 SP05 and BI 7.0 SP12 (or higher) for the direct MDM-BI integration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said that: “…you need MDM 5.5 SP05 and BI 7.0 SP12 (or higher) for the direct MDM-BI integration.”

Which method are you referring to as the “direct MDM-BI integration”?

1. Syndication maps … XI approach or

2. ABAP API approach

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I've used the ABAP API for the direct integration, no syndication maps, no XI. The API is triggered by the common BI technology (Open Hub Destination & Data Transfer Process for Repository Creation & Data Transfer from BI to MDM and a Data Source and Info Package for Data Transfer from MDM to BI).

A different integration scenario could be calling MDM during BI Rules and Transformations via the API.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

As Michael indicated, I meant the ABAP API as "direct" (--> without XI/PI) integration.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I've read, BI 7.0 SP11 and MDM 5.5 SP04 should also suffice.