cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM work order / notification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Since I am quite a MAM newbie, it is interesting to get the business notion and scenarios behind the MAM application. However, there are few short .pdf-s about it, that can be found on sap.com/mobile, it is still not quite clear for me for example the difference between work orders and notification. In which case is used the one, and in which the other? They are somewhat substitutable from business point of view, right?

Anyway I do not need broad explanations here - if you can point out somewhere useful documentation I'll appreciate it too...

Best regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, there are several presentations out there - will have a look..

Regards,

Lalo

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

to answer your particular question on the difference between notification and order you have to actually look for MAM Plant maintenance/Customer service modules.

It is not MAM specific whatsoever. In fact MAM is nothing else but backend slave and its only purpose is to allow an off-line user to perform some SAP PLM transactions.

So to find this kind of information you should look not for MAM but PLM presentations and training courses.

A very quick answer to your dilemma - notification is SAP way of keeping technical object failure/maintenance history while order serves accounting purposes as you can put costs (time and materials) to it and the settle them (internally or invoice a customer) after.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo,

You can find more information in https://service.sap.com. Here you can check under Solution Details -> SAP xApps for Mobile Business -> Mobile Applications.

Also you can find more information on SDN - SAP xApps.

Regards,

Nameeta