cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically generating an Interactive Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using ABAP offline method to create Interactive forms and Netweaver 2004.

Is it possible to generate an Interactive form using the values extracted from the SAP system.

For a example when the user select a season , we should be able to get all the styles available for that season from SAP system and generate the interactive document using those extracted values.

Is this possible.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lahiru,

I didn't get your requirement specifically. Are you extracting the values through a report programme ya WebDynpro.

In which application are you going to select and display the values? Is it a portal application?

Please be clear.

Thank you.

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

Many Thanks for ur reply.

Since im new to Interactive Forms, i dont have much idea about creating forms by webDynpro.

Im extracting data thr ABAP report.

Normaly we can add Check boxes statically in the form. We need to send forms to customer for each Season. For the particular season there are muliple size. For those sizes i need to add check boxes to the form. I want to create Adobe forms for each Season with sizes for particular season.

Could you please suggest any method to add check boxes dynamically to Interactive Form.

I would appreciate if u have example programs for Intearactive forms.

Best Regards,

Lahiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lahiru,

From what i understand. You ned to create an interactive form through abap report and send it across with dynamically created form elements as per the selection made in the report output.

This is possible.

If i am wrong, kindly correct me regarding understaing your requirement.

To know more about interactive forms, check out the <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/interactiveforms">interactive Forms homepage.</a>

Regards,

- anto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto ,

Yes as you said i need to add elements dynamycally to the form (For example Check Boxes)

I was refering most of the documents on that link.

It would be grate if u can send some example program for Dynamically created forms

Thanks,

Lahiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lahiru,

1. To send mails from a report programme with attached interactive form, search for jeff gebo's webinar or the elearning materails available.

2. To dynamically add check boxes, refer the scripting samples available in the adobe development center (www.adobr.com/devnet).

This will solve the above said requirements. If you have any queries do post it here.

Hope this helps

Welcome to Adobe.

thanks and Regards,

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lahiru,

You need to do this through scripting. Add elements based on your report results. Here is a link that will give you examples of how to add a form element (like checkboxes) through a script:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anto,

Thanks a lot for ur help.

I'm referring those webinar e-learning sessions.

Is it not possible to add dynamic elements through ABAP report. Like when we are doing with SAP Scripts(SAP Layouts) - we add text elements dynamically.

Thanks In Advance,

Lahiru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can pass the number of elements required through you report progamme andd add the checkboxes by running the script.

This is what i can think of now.

Hope this helps,

anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anto,

Thanks a lot for your valuable replies.

I tried some printable forms , it works fine.

When i make it Fillable = X. i got this error.

>>>ADS: com.adobe.ads.exception.FailedCreationException: Failed to create a new instance of PDFManipulation Module, please make sure PD >>>

This is NOT related to WebDynpro. I'm tried on offiline scenario. My requirement is this, We create Adobe input enable PDF in serve side and send it to customer, then customer fills it and Email it back to our side. then i want to extract some data from that PDF file. Do we need any Webdynpro for this application.

I would appreciate if you can help me to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Lahiru.