cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Not getting posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have set up an interface that posts invoice data to R/3 . At runtime , in SXMB_moni all the messages have a chequered flag but the invoice is not getting created in R/3 for some reason unknown. Being this the case, we are getting back response from R/3, which we are posting to a database. The response, however does not contain the Invoice no.

What do you think is the cause of the problem?

We also wanted to check the outbound RFC data flowing to the R/3 system in RWB under message monitoring but we get a message like "Message deleted to save space" .

Any help will be highly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

d>>>At runtime , in SXMB_moni all the messages have a chequered flag but the invoice is not getting created in R/3 for some reason unknown.

what has XI message status to do with posting an invoice?

if you used idocs and aleaud you'd see the error in R3 (and XI)

if you use RFc then you see the error in bapi ret

>>>The response, however does not contain the Invoice no.

it's never there if you have an error

if you designed your process correctly

you should be able to track the error and reprocess

it from R3 (idoc or abap proxy) it not I suggest

thinking about the process more carefully as you may have

many problems when posting invoices...

and if you don't see (and cannot reprocess) a simple error

that's a dissaster..

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal

Thanks for your input. Can you help me identify the reason for the above mentioned error?

regards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

krishna

check for leading zero's where ever applicable in the header information. maybe the primary conditions for creating an invoice is not satisfied. can u post the payload?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any reason why the invoice is not getting posted??

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks prabhu for the link . We have already gone thru that and moreover we shifted to IDOCS for pushing that data to R/3 instead with an RFC directly.

Regards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good to hear that u did in the other way but how did u recv response from a inbound idoc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It was much of a relief. Thanks to SAP for having more than one option push data to SAP

With IDOCs, we pushed an Async response back to IP

regards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u let know on the steps u did for this. sounds intresting. i belive u had configured recv idoc adapter and how the reponse tagged with invoice number and other error details? u mean u went for idoc acknowledgements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, we just setup another response back from R/3 after the idoc is ready to be posted back to IP. we needed more info that just the acknowledgement from R3

regards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can i have ur mail id...we have a similar kinda scenario building. can u let know more on this in mail? thkx

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

krishna

can u let me know how to post the response bac to IP after the idoc is posted....i have recv idoc adapter configured?

thkx

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

prabhu,

can we communicate further thru email?/

regards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes sure....my mailid is prabhu.sethupathy@hp.com...thkx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the Commit record flagged in Integration Directory?

(that is asuming you using RFC..)

Try extending the trace file..

Traces are used to analyze runtime errors. By setting a specific trace level for specific locations, you can analyze the behavior of individual code segments at class and method level. This is done with the help of the log configurator service:

 Services

 Log Configurator

 Locations

 Choose the location (Java package) and the tracing level (severity)

(for example, com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc)

 Root Location > com > sap > aii > rfc

 Set the severity and choose Copy Severity to Subtree.

Also check OSS Note 730870

Former Member
0 Kudos

commit record???

Where in ID do i find it??

Are you referring to "Commit handling for single BAPI calls"?

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

> commit record???

> Where in ID do i find it??

>

> Are you referring to "Commit handling for single

> BAPI calls"?

>

Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have included the check flag in ID . No i am getting a BAPI return message in sxmb_moni like

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: failed to parse BAPI response due to: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.util.bapi.BapiException: Parameter with name RETURN not found.

how do i correct it?

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you used a SAP Standard BAPI for this?

It is Async/Sync process?

Stick the trace on, as I suggested earlier.

This should give you a detailed descritpion of the error.

Failing that stick a trace on the R/3 for that user and do a full SQL trace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, we have not used a standard BAPI

The interface is a sync.

We have used an export paramter instead of Return Srructure as the BAPI export.

It is pointing to the document no

regards

krishna

Message was edited by:

Krishnamoorthy Ramakrishnan

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>We have used an export paramter instead of Return Srructure as the BAPI export.

It is pointing to the document no</b>

is invoice getting created in R3? but u are not able to get the invoice number as response?

<additonal content deleted for irrelavant post>

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could always call the FM BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT from you code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, We are creating the invoice in R/3.

and we are not able to get the invoice no as response

Thanks , we shall try the scenario with the return parameter set.

also, we are wondering why the invoice isnt created at R/3 side? when we execute the Tcode , it is not returning any Invoices.

rregards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mannuly when u are not able to get any invoice number generated then maybe check if any output types is associated with that for printing or check with ST22 to see any dumps. also check with the bapi manuualy entering the value and execute it in se37 and see u get any reponse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, we are calling a BDC inside an RFC

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Manually, we fed the same data failing in XI pipeline at se37 and the invoices are created

regards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okie it is not a bapi infact but a t-rfc f/n module. maybe some of the screen sequence is inconsistent with certain datas. the best thing to do is create a invoice manuaaly and see for any errors with the existing data. or change the mode in the BDC to "A" and execture the f/n module with ur data fedin manualy in se37. there u can troubleshoot

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe u need to try with return parameter and see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should we actually map the Return parameter with a field in the response type??

regards

krishna

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for all the bapi i'd worked on so far the status is posted into the return strucutre either sucessful or failure. since the system reutrn code is always 0 for a bapi even if a transaction tosses for an error we need to have the status tracked in return parameter

"BAPIs themselves must not trigger any messages (such as MESSAGE xnnn) in the coding. In particular they must not generate terminations or display dialog boxes. Instead, all messages must be intercepted internally and reported back to the calling program in the Return parameter. Otherwise the BAPI will not be processed correctly and control may not be given back to the calling program "

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a5/3ec9f74ac011d1894e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu

what would that mean for the ABAPer to do / check? I am not able to clearly understand it

can you suggest what the ABAPer should do/check?

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

we found a solution for this in another thhread

The suggested solution is to add wrapper to RESULT structure in Export tab of the wrapper function..

what does that mean?

regards

krishna