cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to register Jmon to visual administrator I am geting following error.

When I execute monitor.sh it displays following error.

Cannot connect to cluster, because of Connection refused

ID003814 : JNDI Exception in getInitialContext of InitialContextFa

ctoryImpl

Check if the cluster is running

if provider, url, user and password information in monitorServer.propertie

s is correct

if your tools\lib\client.jar is coming originally with the same SP of SAP

J2EE Engine 6.20.

My cluster is up an running I am on EP6.0 sp2.

I am using username"Administrator" and password ""(ie blank),so I have not made any changes to monitorServer.properties.

Please suggest if any one has work around for the mentioned issue.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vyara,

Thanks for the help.I am on HP-ux .When I execute ./monitor startReporter it return the following message

VA Report Organizer started.

Problem to open join port for Visual Administrator. Address already in use

Cannot connect to cluster, because of Connection refused

ID003814 : JNDI Exception in getInitialContext of InitialContextFa

ctoryImpl

Check if the cluster is running

if provider, url, user and password information in monitorServer.propertie

s is correct

if your tools\lib\client.jar is comming originally with the same SP of SAP

J2EE Engine 6.20.

but when I execute ./monitor it connects to server and dispatcher but not to monitoring service.I have made the changes as specified by you on monitorServer.properties file.

Please suggest where am I going wrong

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Have you configured the property of monitoring service autostartMonitorServer = yes? The first error message that you recieve is most probably because another monitor server is already running or perhaps another process is using the port of the monitor server.

I do not understand your second problem. What do you mean that the monitor server does not connect to the monitoring service but it is connected to the Engine? Monitoring service is running on the Engine so it is connected to it. If you mean that it does not report to the visual administrator then you must again check the changes that you have made to the monitoring properties. Check also the documentation about configuring monitoring service and monitor server.

The easiest way to resolve this problem will be if you report an OSS message so SAP support can check your configuration.

Kind Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vyara,

Yes you got me right I mean that it does not report to the visual administrator.How do I check from EP that my monitoring services are running properly.

I can see the reporting is working fine in my CEN.

Appreciate your help!

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

If you connect with the visual administrator to the J2EE Engine and then navigate to application node -> services -> monitor service. When you select the monitor you should be able to see the monitoring tree. By default the monitor server reports to VA. But if you have swithched off this mode or have changed the port to the VA in monitorServer.properties then you will not be able to see the tree.

Best Regards

Vyara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

You receive this error because your monitor server is trying to connect to the default host and port of the J2EE Engine, which are localhost:3011. If this is an EP installation the p4 service port is 50000 + <instance id> * 100 + 4 and you have to modify java.naming.provider.url property in monitorServer.properties file so that it points to the host and port of the p4 service of the J2EE Engine, i.e. java.naming.provider.url = localhost:50004.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Kind Regards

Vyara