Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poups in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know how feasible it is to do the following:

1) From a view call one popup window(WebDynpro Application).

2) This Popup Application calls in turn calls another popup window(Another WebDynpro Application). I do all the processing/updating backend.

3) Then when I close all the popups, return back to the first view and refresh the screen to reflect the changes done in the popup's.

Has anyone done this kind of scenario?

Please give your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Shubham

Message was edited by: Shubham Tripathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shybham,

Develop 3 development components (DC), FirstComp, FirstPopupComp and SecondPopupComp.

In the SecondPopupComp's interface controller write a method ("openSecondWindow()") which will in turn open the window in the SecondPopupComp.

Similarly, In the FirstPopupComp's interface controller write a method ("openFirstWindow()") which will in turn open the window in the FirstPopupComp. Embed the "SecondPopupComp" in "FirstPopupComp" based on some action (when you want to open the 2nd popup) call the method "openSecondWindow()".

Embed the "FirstPopupComp" in "FirstComp" based on some action (when you want to open the 1st popup) call the method "openFirstWindow()".

After these actions are over when you refresh the screen get the necessary information from the back-end (through RFC/BAPI call)

Hope this is clear, if you require any further clarification let me know.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to check that whether you have done this kind of scenario before and faced any problem? Also instead of user refreshing the screen, I wanted that the screen should be auto refreshed when the user closes the popup windows. Any inputs will be valuable.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a tutorial which gives step by procedure

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/stu/tutorial on creating dialog boxes.htm

Creating Dialog Boxes (10)

Hope there will be Shubham for your problem!

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I had done something similar to this in our project. What you can do is, on closing of the "FirstPopupComp" fire a outbound plug to the "FirstComp" and in the fire event handle the refreshing of the screen.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subham,

I never tries calling one popup from another popup.

But this should be possible.

What you can do is you can call Popup2 from Popup1 as you can Popup1 from mainView.

In Popup2 you want to close all the windows.So on "Done" click in Popup2 you can fire an event in the componentController which is intrun mapped to a action in the mainview .In the action of the view you write statements for closing all the window instances .

I am not in office today , may be i can try this scenario and get back to you )

Rgeards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That was helpful. I only have one more requirement. When we call another application in popup mode, I want that user should not be able to do anything/click/change values on the first screen.

Is that possible somehow since we are calling different WD application in a new Window.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shubham

i have done calling a pop up window from an other and it will work fine. But in your case a new webdynpro application needs to be called in side the popup.

so in the first application add the second as a used webdynpro component and create a window in the first app s component with the second application s interface view in it.

In the action to open a new window in the first view use the following.

wen u say create window it needs window info so give the name of the window that has the second application s interface view. This wud open the second application on a pop up window and as a result the first view can not be edited.

IWDWindowInfo windinfo = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("secondappwindow");

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow(windinfo,true);

window.setWindowSize(250,200);

window.setWindowPosition(WDWindowPos.CENTER);

window.open();

"secondappwindow" is the name of the window created in the first view and it contains the interface view of the second app. Proceed similarly to create a popup window over a popup. hope this helps u. If its not clear get back to me.

regards

vln