cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order and production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

How can I customize an SD sales order in order to create the requirements that MRP transforms in Production order? Is it possible or should I use a better instrument (The goal is to create requirements for the production)?

I don't want to create any delivery or invoicing, just the sales order to be considered from the MRP.

Many thanks.

Gianluca.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

Process Flow

1. Planning a Product

T.code: MD61

Logistics  Production  Production Planning  Demand Management  Planned Independent Requirements  Create

2. Creating a Sales Order

T.code: VA01

Logistics  Sales and Distribution  Sales  Order  Create

3. Executing Multi-Level Requirements Planning

T.code: MD02

From the MRP node, choose Planning  Single Item - Multi-Level

4. Converting the Planned Order into a Production Order

Tcode: MD04

From the MRP node, choose

Evaluations  Stock/Reqmts list

5. Withdrawing the Material for the Production Order

T.code: MB1A

Logistics  Materials Management  Inventory Management  Goods Movement  Goods Issue

6. Confirming the Production Order

T.code: CO11N

Logistics  Production  Production Control  Confirmation  Enter  For Operation  Time Ticket

7. Creating a Delivery

T.code: VL01N

Logistics  Sales and Distribution  Shipping and Transportation  Outbound Delivery  Create  Single Document  With Reference to Sales Order

8. Creating a Billing Document

T.code: VF01

Logistics  Sales  Billing  Billing document  Create

Reward points if it helpful

Cheers,

Govind.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gianluca,

I think you are looking to create demand only from sales order and you do not want to really execute the sales cycle for the sale order...

if so please create Customer Independent Requirements using transaction "MD81", once this is done after MRP run system creates Planned order which needs to be converted to production order for execution.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

I think it is possible in the Make-to-order scenario. If you mantain Strategy group as 20 in Material master MRP3 view. This setting will create a Planned order which will generate a Production order.

If your scenario is different then after creating a Sales order you can automatically create a Purchase Requisation. To do this setting you have to maintain a Order type (purchase requisation type) in the Schedule line category which is determined in the sales order.

Hope this works.

REWARD if it helps you!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

Hope you can set this in Avaiablitiy Check. and You can not customize the Sales Order to create the Requirement of MRP that Transforms to Production Order.

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula