Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I need to send a shipping notification to the customer only when the Post goods issue is done for a delivery document. How can i do that?

Please reply me ... its very urgent...

Thanks in adv

Suresh

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a change pointer on LIKP-WADAT_IST (Actual Goods Issue Date).

0 Kudos

Hi Waller,

Thanks for your response. could you please explain me in detail.

Thank you,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi.

Transaction BD52 will allow to you set change pointers for various tables and fields. You assign these change pointers to your message type. Based on your requirements, it sounds like you only need a change pointer on LIKP-WADAT_IST as this field will only be changed when the delivery is post goods issued. You will then have a scheduled batch job that will execute program RBDMIDOC for your message type - based on the change pointers that have been created (see tables BDCP, BDCPS), your idocs will be created and change pointers will be cleared. This should all be possible with standard SAP - no custom anything, unless of course you need custom fields in your idoc.

Rgds,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this by Output Type ? What exactly is the technical design.

For output types , You can write Formula to Output at PGI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

We do that using material document user exit (I do not remember the exact user exit name right now). When PGI is done a material document is posted in the system. In the material document user exit you can check for the movement type of PGI and issue a real time shipping notification.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We need to send a shipping notification when a specific field i the delivery is changed. It seems that you have to build a MASTERIDOC_CREATE_XXX function. Has anyone experience with that part of the challenge )the BDCP table is already filled with records!)

Thanks,

Peter

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can setup a routine for condition type LAVA

(standard SAP) or others to create shipping notification

when delivery GI posted.

Path: NACE -> V2 (Shipping) -> Procedures -> V10000 (Header Output) -> Control -> Create new step for condition type LAVA -> set the requirement to 1 (Delivery GI posted).

If you are using IDoc to create shipping notification, then next steps are to setup ALE and IDoc configuration for message type DESADV.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks for your response. The trigger for a new message is a change in the delivery (quantity, new position, delivery date , etc).

Therefore we thought, we could work with change pointers (SDM). Our (only?) challenge is to find (create?) a function which is triggered by the RBDMIDOC program. This function can be a copy of the MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SDM_MATCOR.

Is this the right way to handle the problem and does anybody has made a MASTERIDOC_CREATE_SDM_DESADV function?

Regards,

Peter