cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Category Hierarchy - SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have doubts on Product Category hierarchy....

1) As far as i understand whenever we replicate the material from Backend R/3 there is a product hiearachy created and assigned automatically. However, we also have the option of creating local hiearachies.

So, what i did was for the same product category i assigned two hierarchies. One the standard R3MATCLASS and other which i created manually in SRM. Then i assigned the two hierarchies while creating the material manually in SRM. However, i am not able to get the significance of this? Why has SAP provided this provision of having multiple hieararchies?

2) I read from the help portal in SAP that Product Hierarchy helps in determining the source of supply. I am not able to understand how that is possible. I have searched for documentation all around but could not find any?

3) In one of the forums i saw that one consultant activated the product hiearachy, then to his surprise the automatic sourcing configuration which he had done has not worked due to activation of hierarchies

Has anyone worked indepth in this field. Any inputs is greatly welcome as i am doing some indepth work on this

Thank You

Abhinandan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

<u>Go through these links-></u>

/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-to-srm

Note 872533 - FAQ - Middleware

Note 563180 - Locations - Replication of R/3 plants

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am using SRM 5.0 version.

Thank You

Abhinandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

OK, It will work for SRM5.0.

Hope the links provided in my earlier reply will definitely help.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Your information was helpful, however, i am looking for indepth Product hierarchy concept. I mean to say -

1) Significance of Product hierarchy in SRM, i read in the help portal it is useful for determining the source of supply.

2) In what circumstance we use multiple hierarchy levels

3) Please go through this link, i think Emmanuelle Orcel had done some work and interestingly source of supply has not worked despite his configuration once he activated the product hierarchy.

So, if you have worked on this and can give me details it would be great.

Thank You

Abhinandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which SRM version are you using ?

<u>Go through these links-></u>

/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-to-srm

Note 872533 - FAQ - Middleware

Note 563180 - Locations - Replication of R/3 plants

Regards

- Atul