Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service order confirmation/completion

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what exactly is meant by service order completion ( flag order) and confirm ( IW41). At what state of the business process do I need it.

To my understanding a service order is complete after billing and confirmed once customer approves.

Please throw a light on this.

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASHIsh,

We do not have the customer service module or the service management but we have the confirmation of service in the document flow. The flow is as follows. standard order ( OR ) - > delivery ( LF ) - > Handling unit - > Confirmationof service. I checked the document flow table VBFA and I see that these confirmation of service is for items which are of item category TAP ( sales BOM header ). That is what I concluded that it shows up for TAP since this item is not pickable ane hence not packable. And we have this come up for all the sales BOM deliveries where there is an item category of TAP for sales BOM header. Still if any one can please throw some light on this that would be greatly appreciated.

Service Order:Short-term agreement between service provider and service recipient, in which one-time services are ordered by the service recipient and resource-related billing performed upon completion.

The service order is used to document service and customer service work. In particular, you can use the service order to:

Plan services specifically with regard to usage of material, utilities and personnel

Monitor the execution of services

Enter and settle the costs which arise from the services

The data for the service order is entered in the history and is important for evaluations and future planning.

You can also create a one-time customer in the order and transfer the data, for example, to the sales order.

A service order contains operations that describe the individual work steps. An operation can be divided into sub-operations for greater detail.

Spare materials and utilities, which are required for service work, can be planned in the operation.

T.Code: [IW41]

Path: Logistics -> Customer Service -> Service Processing -> Confirmation -> Entry -> Individual Confirmation.

After a service order is entered in the system, a service activity would be carried out for the customer. Using this option we would enter the person who carried out the activity, the time taken, the material used with their quantity. Further a billing request would be raised based on these details.

Reward points if iit helpful

Cheers,

Govind.

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Thanks for your quick reply.

You confirm your service order and there is a status when you technically complete your service order. Please review on this.

Regards

Ashish