cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using of Modulus function in Assignment Expressions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

While trying to use Modulus function in Assignment Expression I found out that it gives strange results in some cases.

For example, the remainder of 1037739010891 divided by 11 is 0, but Modulus function gives 4, the remainder of 1037739010892 divided by 11 is 1, but the function gives 5 and so on.

Does anybody knows the solution of this problem? Or may be I do something wrong?

P.S. I use MDM 5.5 SP 5 Patch1

Thanks, in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktoria,

I suggest you to install MDM 5.5 SP05 Patch1 Hotfix1 to enhance the MDM version to 5.5.41.70. More calculation problem have been solved.

Hope this help you,

Vito

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Vito,

I'll try to install the patch when we get it. Hope, it will help.

Thanks for your answer,

Vika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I installed MDM 5.5 SP05 Patch1 Hotfix1, but it didn't solve my calculation problem.

So, has anybody some other ideas? May be somebody has overcame this?

Thanks,

Vika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vika,

Whats the data type you have defined for the number field ?. I think the value 1037739010891 is truncated to fit the data type and then calculated for mod which gives unexpected result, if this is the case try to change the data type to hold higher number range.

hope this helps.

sanjay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sanjay!

I think the matter is that the function Modulo operates on integer values, so it somehow converts the value 1037739010891 to integer and use it for calculations.

So, we solved the problem by using some mathematical formulas for calculations.

Still thanks for your answer,

Vika