cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert sender service XXX to an ALE logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two business services that need to use the same logical system (idoc adapter). But in Integration Directory --> Business Service --> Adapter-Specific Identifiers it will only let me use the logical system in one of the business services.

If I try to set it in both I receive the message "Logical system XXX already exists in service XXX"

When triggering idocs I get the error Unable to convert sender service XXX to an ALE logical system. IDOC_ADAPTER ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV

(for the business service where I could not specify the logical system in Adapter Specific Identitiers).

Is there a workaround

Thank you

Olof

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Michal's FAQ

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

... but I do not find anything in the FAQ that mentions the problem with having the same logical system specified in two different business services.

Br

Olof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olof,

Can you explain why you need to use same LS name for 2 Business Service? If we get to know the requirement, we can suggest you some work arounds.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>but I do not find anything in the FAQ that mentions the problem with having the same logical system specified in two different business services

as in my faq you can only find solutions to "correct errors"

and in your case you have concept error

you cannot have the same logicla system for two business systems

as it's against XI concepts

there are so many other way how you can handle that

(header mapping etc)

described in :

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

but basically you cannot have two business systems with the same

logical system name so just use one for one system

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal!

I just came to the the same conclusion with using two locical systems, but I didn't know from the start that it was a conceptual error. Thanks for letting me know!

Best Regards

Olof

Answers (0)