cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File upload error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a web dynpro app that will allow a user on a client machine to upload a file then the file will be emailed as an attachment. When I try to run the app I am getting file not found errors. I am using a file upload UI element to capture the file name. Does anyone know of any common missed steps or have a demo of a working program using a file upload element?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Is your file getting uploaded to the server.If so what error are you getting.Unless you provide the details no one will be able to help you.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Eric,

are you specifying any path to which the file should be uploaded? check in the server if the file is there.

i think the error filenotfound is coming when you are trying to mail that as an attachment. specify the whole path of the file where its uploaded in the server.

if you provide with your code that might help.

regards,

Piyush.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which Web Dynpro version are you using, can you post the relevant code?

Essentially, you have to bind the "data" property to a context attribute of type "binary" which is a byte array at runtime. The filename will be available in the "fileName" property.

If you search this forum for "file upload", you will find valuable information on the topic like the following:

<i>

I finally found out the reason for the non-working FileUpload UI element:

The multipart-form is never parsed. To do so, you have to

start Visual Admin, then

go to "Cluster" tab/Server .../Services/Web Container,

then tab Properties,

then change MultipartBodyParameterName from "empty string" to "com.sap.servlet.multipart.body"

That has cost me a h.ll of a lot of time.

I hope it helps others to avoid that...

Holger.</i>

Armin