cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESSING

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

just i want to know what is the purpose of run operating system command before message processing,after message processing under file sender adapter.

waiting for your great answer.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

To give a simple example suppose you have have a requirement to execute a system / os level command before or after a file is processed for some further operation then wht will you do ? Solution is that you specify the command to be executed in COMMAND LINE parameter.

One of the best examples is demonstrated by <b>Michal</b>l where you have to zip a target file but don't want to use payloadzip bean then you can use command at the system level which can do the job.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

Hope its usefull.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj.

thanks for your answer.

but my doubt is using the sender ,reciever CC and source direcotry ,target directory in CC's we r sending the file from souce to target folder.

then what is the need of this command line if the same can be done by target directory.

cheers.

Seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj.

in addition to my above doubt.

my othere Q is what is the difference between run OS command after message processing,before message processing.

can u expalin me close to real scenarios.

waiting for u r great answer.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Seeta,

let me see if I give it using a simple scenario that I implamented : i nedd to transfer a very large file from one server to the other by XI.

to save space and network traffic I use an OS command before picking up the file to run a zip command to zip the file.

after I transfer the file to the target server I run another OS command after the transfer to unzip the file.

now to your second question:

the before Os command on the target server is used mostly for checks (make sure there isn't a file by that name or backing up existing data)

and the after sender OS command is usualy for backing up or erasing existing files (cause it is done only after the first part was finished succesfully).

Uri Lifshitz.

p.s.

there was a blog obout this titled "XI as a huge file mover"

and you can see a description and my scripts at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/03/additionaltipsforusingXIasahugefiletransfer%28withbatchscripts%29&

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u want to execute any script at OS level u have the option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you r answer.

sorry can u send me any simple example so that i can understand clearly.

and the othere thing is what is OS Level script.

cheers.

seeta ram.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look here under "Run Operating System Command Before/After Message Processing"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Prateeek