cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Control does not display word document

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I followed the example code to display a word document in the office Control UI, but the display remains blank when I push the button to 'show document'.

I do not have MS Office installed on the server so I have a wordpad named example.doc on the C drive. Can I read the data from wordpad and display it on the Office Control?

Thanks

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jay

get ACF installed on your client machine and set the active x controls on your browser, the document would show up. hope it helps.

regards

vln

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Could u send the example code link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

I have Office 2003 installed on the client but not on the server. The bytes[] array gets loaded with the string '[B@10e770f', but the display stays empty.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I need to use this feature as well. Did you get it to work. Can you display and edit a Microsoft Word document from within a browser page. It would be good to know that you have been successful.

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Thanks all,

> I have Office 2003 installed on the client but not on

> the server. The bytes[] array gets loaded with the

> string '[B@10e770f', but the display stays empty.

>

> Jay

Hi Jay,

I need to use this feature as well. Did you get it to work. Can you display and edit a Microsoft Word document from within a browser page. It would be good to know that you have been successful.

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You need MS Office(MS Word) to be installed on your PC.

Do you have MS Office installed on your PC?

Cheers,

NEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh C,

Is it necessary that I have a Word document instead of a wordpad on the server?

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I guess you have to have MS Office installed in your server. The office control might look for some dll files in the server.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Totaly wrong!

You must have MS Office installed on your <b>clinet</b>, because WD control is simply wrapper atop of MS Word Automation objects.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have a problem displaying the document.

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Refer the following thread

Hope is is useful for u.

Regards,

Santhosh.C