cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of folder,alternative and command

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

plz help me to use folder,alternative and command in smartform.where and how it should be used? plz provide step by step guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

Folder:

The folder is in the first instance used to structure the form to aid navigation (for example group all the text elements of one row of a template into a folder). Also you can set the page protection of a folder so that all the items in that folder are displayed on one page (for example if you have three text elements you want to always appear together on the same page). The same is true for applying conditions, the condition can be set at the folder level, rather than each element individually.

Folders are

The larger a form, the more complex its node hierarchy becomes. For clarity reasons, you can create folders and group nodes in these folders.

�� Examples of the usage of folders:

�� Nodes of a table or a template which are assigned to a specific cell or line can be more easily identified (or moved) in the navigation tree if one folder exists for each cell or line.

�� A dunning form has different dunning texts of which only one is to be output depending on the reminder days exceeded. Create these texts (with conditions) and group them into folders.

�� Several nodes should have the same condition. Instead of setting this condition individually for each node, you can create a folder and then assign the condition to this folder.

�� Folders can also be used to output text with a footer and/or header. Like tables, folders have the Events tab. If you select the Header and/or Footer checkbox on this tab, one or two event nodes appear in the

navigation tree. Then create your text nodes as subnodes of these event nodes.

Reward points if it helpful

Cheers,

Govind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

t

sharadendu_agrawal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

send me ure mailid and i will send u the dic regardin the smartform. my id is sharadendu@gmail.com