cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Definations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add one extra field in one particular message in External defination,how I should go for it? I want detail process to go forward with it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

vikas_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arjya,

You cannot change change the External Definition in IR directly, you have to follow these steps:

<b>step1:</b> Export this External Definition

<b>step2:</b> Open this External Definition in any XML Spy or you can edit this file in NotePad.

<b>step3:</b> Add the field and save it.

<b>Step4:</b> again import this file into IR.

Hope it will solve yr problem

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arjya,

U can also do it in this way....

go to imported object of the xsd ...copy the xml and save as .xsd file ..the u can edit it in XML spy.....and add required field in the structure....and reimpor it...

here u can download the xml spy....

http://www.altova.com/simpledownload1.html?gclid=CIaDmp3-tY0CFRWOEgod-UHMMA

Regards

Biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjya,

as Michal said Export your External def and do what ever changes u wanna do and reimport that changed version again in to ur IR..

Regards

Krish..

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>I want to add one extra field in one particular message in External defination,how I should go for it? </i>

>>>

you will have to export the ED, make the changes on your local copy and then reimport the same and start using it

Former Member
0 Kudos

ED can not be edited with in IR. Before importing into IR, make the change at XSD level (with a tool like XML Spy) and then do the import.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

export the definition from XI

add the file in notepad etc

import changed definition

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>