cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Classfication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating sale order, i am not getting Tax Classific (BillingTab) at line item, though i have plant in place. Whe else do i require to enable the same.

Pls.suggest.

Regards

Kalpesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check/Process the following steps

1)IMG->Sales and distribution->Basic functions->Taxes->Define Tax Determination Rules->check for the country the tax category is assigned.

2)IMG->Sales and distribution->Basic functions->Taxes->Define Tax Relevancy Of Master Records->material taxes->create the tax category(as you maintained in step1) to the tax classification(0 or 1 or 5 etc..depends on your needs)

3)IMG->Sales and distribution->Basic functions->Taxes->Check Material Master Records for Obsolete Tax Classification's->>here enter the country code and material no. if there are any errors in tax assignments,you will see the list.

After these assignments you can directly select the tax classification in material master and save.

SPRO-SD-Basic Functions-Taxes---

1.Define tax determination rules----This is where tax category is linked to country

2.Define tax relevancy for master records-This is where tax category and tax classification are linked together. Unlinked combination cannot be used in master data

SPROFinancial Acctg-Fin acctg global settings-Tax on sales &purchases-Calculation---

1.Define tax codes for sales

Here the tax codes are assigned a %

Once tax category is assigned to country, and tax classification is linked to tax category, in teh customer and material master, for the tax category , tax classification of the customer will be maintained. This will be master data.

Then in VK11, for the tax category(conditiontype), for the combination of tax classification of customertax classification of materialdeparture country+destination country combination, a tax code will be assigned (remember a % is not explicitly given in condition record as in case of other normal condition types). Based on the tax code---%mapping in the FI path i mentioned earlier, the condition record determines the % of tax for that combination.

The tax codes and% combination is local for a country, and hence the tax code can have various % based on the country code.

Regards

AK