cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xi_server_folder_export_import

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai ,

i have xi server in which the server (xi-server)is lan connected to many computers,now my problem is i m not working on server machine but on different machine which is in lan connected with xi-server ,now when i need to give source directory and target directory in the integration directory part now can i share (expor tfiles and imoport files) folders from xi sever integration directory and give the paths relate to it and work on my machine by giving the path or i need to run on the server ity self.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

K DUDE,

To be clear abt the usage of TPZ file then follow this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm

For a file to file scenario with out fcc then u need to create a xml file with the business data and put it in the directory as sepecified in the communication channel and both sender and receiver directory structure has to be predefine in the xi sever .

Hope itz clear.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Its better to create folders in XI Server and use them in your scenarios.

Regards,

S.RamNarender

Former Member
0 Kudos

generally we use those folders only for exporting and importing files then y u need to have to reate another folders in the sence y are those(export and import folders) are present can u explain in detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

These folders are used for transporting of XI objects from IR/ID to XIserver and between the DEV,QA or PROD systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok ,i nned to make it clear now i m making one scenario on file2 file in this i need to keep one file in the source and that has to be sent to the target folder for that i need to create a folders(source and target) in id seperatly(means newly created by user irrespective of admin created folders,because i didnot find any folderslike that i found only export and import files folders in the id) is this the way.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

still not clear. but if u are looking for a file-file scenario have a folders created. if u dont have the autho maybe u can check with ur admin or basis for creating folders and the same u can use it in the Communication channel for sender and recv. all u need to specify there is the message protocol, user name and pwd and the folder path and file (i would have missed to tell other config in CC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Whatz the problem ..

Just create a folder in your PC -- Right Click - Share. Give full access to everyone.

In your file adapter give the following details in location..

<yourpcname>\<foldername>

else if that doesnt work ..you can install FTP in your pc and then you can do the needful.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We use the export - impot folders to hold the TPZ files during XI object transports usually.It is better to create some other folder on the XI server ans share it to use in your scenarios.

Priyanka