cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export param of report & FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are developping Async RFC -XI-file ,so for that we need to schedule an ABAP report in sender SAP R/3 to trigger

FM like

REPORT Z_SEND_DATA_TO_XI.

PARAMETERS: DEST LIKE RFCDES-RFCDEST DEFAULT '(RFC Destination you defined in SM59)'.

<<your other variable declaration and ABAP Code here>>

CALL FUNCTION '<Your RFC Function Module>'

IN BACKGROUND TASK

DESTINATION DEST

EXPORTING

< your export parameters>

COMMIT WORK.

(got it from SDN only).

My question is,the export parameters of ABAP report should be same as export parameteres of FM(Asyn RFC) or export parameters of ABAP report should be import parameters of FM(Async RFC)?

for me logically I think,Export parameters of ABAP report are Export parameteres of FM(Async RFC) as there would be only request to XI from AsyncRFC and no response.

please clear my confusion.

Thank you,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make use of patterns in abap editor. the exporting parameter in F/N module will be importing parameter and vice versa except the table paramter remains teh same when the f/n mod is called from the program. this is the same across all type of f/n modules inlcuding BAPI's or any remote f/n calls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have SAP on sender side(Async RFC to file Scenarion) so ABAP report has to trigger the Asyn RFC.

my Asyn RFC will have only export parameters(only request),so what I understand from your words is ABAP report import parameters are same as export parameters of my FM.

so in the sample report I have mentioned in my previous message I need to have import parameters not export parameteres then?

thank you,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Explaining you in the most simpler words...

Your export parameters of the Report Program will be the import parameters of the RFC and the Export parameters of the RFC will be the import parameters of Report program.and you can also use Abap editor as Prabhu said..

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monika,

do you think it doesn't make any differernce whether SAP is on sender side or reciever side?

in my scenario I have SAP on sender side and FM will have only Export parameters to have the request message sent to XI,so do you think ABAP report should have import parameters to trigger that FM.

thank you.

Babu

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the f/n module called in a program shud have exporting parameters to take the data into the function module and a importing or tables parameter to return the result to the called program.

Also, a f/n module can run without taking no inputs(export from calling program) and just results (import or tables from calling program) based on validations performed in it.

Message was edited by:

Prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i think that ABAP program should have import parameters to trigger that FM.Try it out and let us know the consequences..

Thanks