cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CVS be used within the NetWeaver Developer Studio?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a web dynpro application and I've run into a lot of issues trying to use CVS within the NetWeaver Dev. Env. Do I have to use the DTR? Or is CVS still an option? I've seen really old postings on this but nothing recent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For maintaining the versions of your webdynpro application source JDI is the best option.

Refer the following link "SAP NetWeaver Java Development Infrastructure"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/9c4940d1ba6913e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also refer "Branching with Eclipse and CVS"

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-CVS-branching/eclipse_branch.html

Hope this is useful for you.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dora!

Yes n No, you can use CVS option is available, but at the same time DTR is also available since JDI is SAP proprietary,i suggest you go ahead with JDI,if someone gives comparison i would like to know, but we are using JDI.

for more details check Java development Infrastructure Forums

hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the advantages of working with JDI instead of CVS and totally agree with those that think the first one is the best option. But now want to use CVS just for testing purposes but can't find the way to use it with the Developer Studio. Does anyone know how to do it?

Many thanks in advance

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

see /people/sap.user72/blog/2004/09/09/hacking-the-netweaver-ide

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think now DTR is the best solution. at first our team try CVS, but we gave up. Because there are so many generated class files in webdynpro project, and views, windows and controllers are stored in special xml files. So I think it is not convenience for you to compare versions.

Best regards

Deyang