cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripted WAS App Start Stop Deploy

Former Member
0 Kudos

On Windows I am trying to create a bat file that will automate what I have listed below that in manual to a point and not fully automated.

Open a Windows command prompt

enter telnet <hostname> 50008

enter Administrator

enter <adminpassword>

enter jump 0

enter add deploy

enter run <script name>

Thanks,

Barry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

have a look at those two threads - they should help:

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ivo,

Thanks for the direction.

The first of those posts was very helpful in that is showed how to accomplish these with Ant.

The seond post I have read many times but the example in that post is for Unix. Can someone send me the same example for Windows?

Thanks,

Barry Beer

Momentum SI

Austin, TX USA

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Since you already know how to do it with Ant, why not create a simple bat file that just calls Ant to accomplish this?

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will do just that with Ant but I also need scripts on how the start and stop the SAP services not just the web apps. Can you provide any examples on that? I can wrap them with Ant but I need to know the specific calls to make to the SAP tools and or shell script commands.

Thanks

Barry Beer

MomentumSI

Austin, Texas USA

Opgenorth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Berry,

I am not quite sure what you want to start and stop.

If the database is running and also the SCS instance (message server and enqueue server) you can start and stop the java processes (dispatcher, server and sdm) with the following scripts from the directory

C:\usr\sap\<SID>\JC<instance number>\j2ee\os_libs

Starting:

jcontrol pf=c:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_JC<instance number>_<computername>

e.g.

jcontrol pf=c:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\J2E_JC00_mycomputer

Stopping:

jcmon pf=c:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_JC<instance number>_<computername> < stop.txt

e.g. jcmon pf=c:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\J2E_JC00_mycomputer < stop.txt

where stop.txt should contain the 5 lines

y

Best regards,

Juergen

Answers (0)