cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of login screen has no effect !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to change the UME settings in order to customize the login screen, but those changes has no effect on it !

I set

ume.logon.logon_help = FALSE

ume.logon.locale = TRUE

ume.logon.selfreg = FALSE

I restarted server (three times), emptied IE temporary files...

Anyone ever encountered this problem ? How did you solve it ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you talking about the login screen in EP or through WebDynpro. Well we have changed it in EP by modifying the logon.par file. In WebDynpro not quite sure how to go about it.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately we don't have portal installed... My application is standalone webdynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well if you want to modify it from WebDynpro then go to the place where you have your "usr" directory i.e the place where your WAS server is installed.

Go to this location.

<DriveName:\>usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.admin\servlet_jsp\logon

In this directory you have a war file. Make a copy of this war file and place it in some directory say C:\MyTest

Rename the file by removing the war and replacing it with zip.

Now when you do a unzip you will get all the class files and java files being used.

Now comes the complicated part. You will have to carefully understand the logon servlet and modify it according to your requirements. You could change the images too.

Once that is done build the servlet and store it in the original directory. Once that is done restart your WAS and then you will be able to see your changes.

In fact this is the way we can change in Portal and i happen to see that its the same for WebDynpro too.

Check this link in help.sap.com. It explains about customizing the logon screen.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/c0e240beb0702ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope that helps you.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks a lot for your tips...

I tried to do, but it seems that there is a little problem: each time I restart he J2ee engine, the home-made war is replaced by the standard one... Therefore, all my changes have no effect.

Has anyone tried to do it ?

Any hints or tips would really help me !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We finally we found out that we were modifying values of UME parameters (ume.logon.logon_help, ume.logon.selfreg, ume.logon.locale and ume.logon.branding_image) in server configuration, not in <b>global</b> configuration.

Now that we have configured global configuration, logon screen is displayed accordingly

Thanks a lot Ravi, your answers were anyway useful !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain the difference between local and global configuration in your environment? We are making the same changes and am curious as to the difference there? Many thanks.