cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALM, special containers for CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking to configure some specific alerts using the Alert Framework that will be generated by the CCMS. We already configure the Method that uses the FM SALO_SEND_ALERT_TO_ALM, the method is already assigned to the MTE and also we defined an Alert Category. So far the alert is working if we use dynamic text and if we receive the alert on an email, but we have a problem with alerts received on a pager or cell phone, we just received a short text without any meaning about the problem, just the alert ID problem.

We are looking for two things, even to improve the description generated for a SMS message, something more meaningful using the dynamic text of the alert category or stop using the dynamic text and use containers to generate a more meaningful message for both SMS and email type of alerts.

Somebody knows how this can be accomplished, which are the correct containers (ABAP Dic references or Data Types) that I can use to created a customized message based on the source of the CCMS alert.

THANKS in advance for your help,

Zareh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zareh,

There may be enough for you already without applying SP 12 and using the new auto-reaction method. (Although I am actually trying that myself and having my own issues).

Have you defined the variables available in note 796998?

This is how I have it:

SUBJECT_ALERT: SAP Alert: $SID $OBJECT $ATTRIBUTE

SUBJECT_ALERT_CONT: $CONTEXT

And this is what would appear in an SMS (I don't have SAPConnect set up for SMS but the alert inbox 'Short text' tab displays what gets sent for SMS):

SAP Alert: SMP SAPCCM4X.SERVER539.00 Availability CCMS_Selfmonitoring

These are the variables available in note 796998:

$SID System in which the alert occurred

$NODENAME Complete name of the monitoring node where the alert occurred (context, object, attribute)

$SEGMENT Segment name of the monitoring node (= $INSTANCE)

$INSTANCE Segment name of the monitoring node (= $SEGMENT)

$CONTEXT Context name of the monitoring node

$OBJECT Objekt name of the monitoring node

$ATTRIBUTE Attribute name of the monitoring node

Of course, the responsibility rules method mentioned by Thomas will be better (once I get it figured out).

Good luck,

David

Message was edited by:

David Hill

Message was edited by:

David Hill

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zareh

I am interested in setting up SMS alerts in SAP R\3 system can you send me some documentation or direct me on how to set up alerts on Sap R/3. Also Pls advise on any hardware or system requirements that might be required

Tks for you help on this in advance

Dan Kotiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Well I am sending SMS alert through email (SMTP), so in my case I do not need any special hardware, I just needed to configure the SMS entry for each user that will receive a SMS message and the node for PAG on SCOT, but you can use the note 455140, it was what I used.

I am also using ALM, so each user needs to define the define the method of deliver for the alerts on the alertinbox.

Zareh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zareh,

with support package 12 SAP delivers a new CCMS Alert category called

CCMS_CONT. This category includes a lot of useful container elements and i think this is what you need. In your auto-reaction method you have to use the FM

SALO_SEND_ALERT_TO_ALM_CONT_V4 to be able to use the new alert category. Please see note 1009285 for further details.

Thomas

Message was edited by:

Thomas Hoffmann