cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood Connectivity to SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to connect Redwood (external background job processor also called as Cronacle or SAP process scheduling by Redwood 6.0.2 SP6) to one of R/3 system. For the same, we are required to maintain R/3 instance and client in redwood using scripts RSI_MAINTAIN_INSTANCES and RSI_MAINTAIN_CLIENTS.

But we are not much sure on what should be passed in 'SAP connection string' while maintaining instance and how we will get to know if Redwood has got connected to that particular client of that instance. Any pointers in this regard are welcome.

For this we have even created one communication user in R/3 as REDWOOD and passing the ID and password while maintaining the client for that instance in Redwood.

We observed that script RSI_RFC_AGENT is getting executed with error. We want to know the purpose of this script and if it is the required one to get Redwood connected to R/3.

Please let us know if this is sufficient for connecting redwood to R/3 or some settings are required to be done on server side.

Thanks a lot in advance

Warm Regards,

Rajeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeet - We also have the Redwood Scheduler (SAP CJS by Redwood, Full version). The connect string is important because it defines to the Redwood agent how to connect to an SAP system.

In the connect string entry in the script RSI_MAINTAIN_INSTANCES, your entry should look like the following:

TYPE=3 ASHOST=[your message server hostname] SYSNR=[your system number]

For example, if you have a host called "sapr3pci" for an SAP production instance called "R3P" that has a system number "10", your entry should look like this:

TYPE=3 ASHOST=sapr3pci SYSNR=10

You also have to make sure that for each instance you assign a separate agent port because that port serves as a listening port for that instance.

Once you have added this information and made sure that the username and password in RSI_MAINTAIN_CLIENTS is correct, you can then run the script RSI_RFC_AGENT to establish the connection to the SAP system. You will know if the script is successful because it will remain in a running status and it will show that it is synchronizing jobs between Redwood and the SAP instance. At this point, you can run the script RSI_IMPORT_CCMS_JOBS to import any jobs that you have defined within the scheduler in R/3 (visible in Released status in SM37). This will pull in the job definition so that you can then submit that job from Redwood to see that the scheduler can submit the job.

One thing to note is that statuses are different between R/3 and Redwood. In Redwood, when you submit a script, it becomes a job. It will first show a status of "Scheduled". When it is actually running in the R/3 system, it will show a status of "Remote". Then, depending on whether or not it was successful, it will show a status of "Completed" or "Error".

One last note - If you are connecting to a NW2004s system, such as ERP 6.0, you need to set a new profile parameter

"login/password_downwards_compatibility" because with NW2004s passwords are case sensitive. Please see note 1023437 about this problem. It took me a while before I could get my Solution Manager 4.0 system to connect because of this. I had to set the parameter value to "3" to get it to work.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Blair Towe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

First, of all very sorry for this late reply as I had few problems. Very thanks for your solution and it worked very fine. We just started working on Redwood and finding very difficult in getting some proper documentation. If you can share few documents with us would be really grateful of you. My email id is rajeet.mathur@syngenta.com .

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks

Warm Regards,

Rajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Blair,

Need some help from you on Redwood.

We are facing a major issue. We are one Redwood 6.0.2.7 with redwood basic version.

We have connected our backend R/3 to the redwood server. We have Redwood explorer installed on our laptop. We are in the process of configuring the users and roles. We are using the standard roles & are creating the users. We are trying to create a end user JCS_ENDUSER and have assigned all the end user roles as per below:

User privileges (Repository role JCS_USER)

The default system privileges for the role JCS_USER are:

Name Description

ALTER_DIRECTORY

Alter directory

ALTER_REGISTRY_KEY

Alter a registry key

CREATE_DIRECTORY

Create a directory

CREATE_FORMAT

Create a format

CREATE_REGISTRY_KEY

Create a registry key

DROP_DIRECTORY

Drop a directory

DROP_REGISTRY_KEY

Drop a registry key

DELETE_JOB

Delete output of own jobs

READFILE

View job output

SETCHILD

Execute destination jobs

SET_SUBSCRIBER_INFO

Set subscription info for yourself

SUBMIT

Request execution of scripts

SUBSCRIBE_QUEUE

Subscribe yourself to executions per queue

SUBSCRIBE_SCRIPT

Subscribe yourself to script executions

SUBSCRIBE_DIRECTORY

Subscribe yourself to job output in a directory

EDIT_JOB

Edit existing jobs

CLIENT_CONTENT

Regular end user access for clients.

VIEW_ANY_EVENT

View any event

VIEW_ANY_LOCK

View any lock

VIEW_ANY_SCHEDULER

View any scheduler

VIEW_ANY_RESOURCE

View any resource

CREATE_FILE

Create a file

VIEW_MONITOR

View monitor

All these roles were specified in the Redwood help in the explorer. But after even though we have assigned all the roles for the end user, after saving the user settings, when we log on, we are getting the following error:

JCS-02134: no license available (Concurrent Content users)

ORA-20800: JCS-02134: no license available (Concurrent Content users)

ORA-06512: at "SYSJCS.LM", line 1468

ORA-06512: at "SYSJCS.LM", line 2385

ORA-06512: at "SYSJCS.JCS", line 170

ORA-06512: at line 1

JCS-02134

*Cause: You are not licensed for this product, or the license has not

been installed.

*Action: Check with your DBA whether the system is licensed correctly.

Apply to Redwood or your reseller to get a license for this part

of the product.

Can you please let us know the root cause of the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Warm Regards,

Rajeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue again.

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, Rajeet - I have looked at the error message. As you know, we have the fully licensed version, and both during the training class and afterwards we have been able to create users with no issues. We are also on version 6.0.2.7. From looking at the error message, I believe your issue is likely because the OEM license that you received from SAP does not allow you to create additional users. As you see in your error mesage, it is complaining about not having a license for "Concurrent Content users". The system is delivered with one administrator user, SYSJS. Any additional users would need the ability to have concurrent users. I am not 100% positive, but it is possible that this is one of the limitations of using the OEM version. To be sure, you should create a message to SAP in the Service Marketplace, using the component XX-PART-REDWOOD and address this question to them.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance with this issue!

Regards,

Blair Towe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Good Evening.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Just need some more favour.

The thing is I already have one adminstrator user. I am in the process of creating a end user, for which I am not assigning any administrator role. I have assigned the roles as per the help available in redwood explorer but I did not assign the jcs_dba role. So when I log in now,it gives me the below error which I had told you, but after assigning the dba role, i am able to login. What could be the issue, do I need to add the user with any specify role/privelage without which one cannot log in.

Can you please help me.

Very thanks for your valuable reply.

Will surely reward points.

Warm Regards,

Rajeet