cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared UME between EP and Web dynpro running on different instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

User and Roles Management is done on EP 6.0,

my Web Dynpro application is running on a different host,

- Web Dynpro app authenticates user with Cookie: MYSAPSSO

How to get more infos on connected user ( Roles, Groups, Permissions ... ) ?

Does it possible to share UME between EP and J2EE running on different instances ?

I've identified 1 workaround solutions:

- Write a Portal service that provide additionnal infos as a webservice, then call this webservice in Web dyn pro app.

Does any alternative solution exist ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also using the same solution of using the Webservice to retrieve the details. But if you can synchronize the UME's between the EP and J2EE instances then also it is possible to retrieve the details. We havent tried it but it is possible.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

About the web service solution, does the portal provide this web service by default , or does we need to develop and deploy on portal ?

About the second solution you say it is possible, how we can try it ? Does any documentation exist or sample ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about clustering them? This gives you the additional advantage that you have 2 hosts for your EP and Web Dynpro apps, offering higher availability to your end-users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No portal does not provide a default webservice. You will have to create a Portal Service (See document on how to create a Portal Service). You will have to expose this Portal Service as a Webservice.

I dont have any document on the second solution but i will see if i can get any document on it.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Help me here...

Does this mean if my wd runs on a different host than that of portal I cannot fetch the portal roles groups etc for that user?

Ashok..