cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Object Structure Details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inside MSDP_ADMIN transaction if I right click on the POS and say create aggregates. It takes to a screen where I need to select the key figure. Please let me know what is the aggregate good for? And I see a button with the name 'Navigation Attributes'. Let me know the significance of that.

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

On basis I need built to my aggregate (How do i know which figure has to be there in the aggregate). Any info on 'Navigational Attributes'.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

When you create a POS aggregate you are creating a subset of CVC's from your main POS.

So, you can assign some characteristics to your aggregate, not key figures.

Wich characteristics do you have to use?

It depends on your planning activity, you must use these characteristics that represent the aggregated level most commonly used.

For example, you can have 2 Characteristics product and brand, the detailed level for every CVC would be (brand, product), but you used to plan at brand level. So you can create and aggregate that use only brand as a characteristic.

About Navigational Atributtes.

You cannot create aggregates with navigational attributes, this button shows you how many and wich navigational attributes have your characteristics, but you cannot aggregate information at navigational attribute level.

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

Marín

Message was edited by:

Ulises Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Aggregates are used for better performance in interactive planning. this is useful when you know already the levels at which your users do their planning

Am pasting something i had (its possible its from some help screen)

Data is stored, in addition to the detailed level, in these aggregate levels

Though a little more disc space is consumed, this means data load would be faster if you load at the same level as the aggregates. This is because there is no aggregation happening after you load your selection. The system knows there is an aggregate existing and hence loads it directly.

Planning Books/ Data views can be aligned to these Aggregate Characteristics and KF."

This alignment of PB characterisitics to aggregate characterisitics is optional but will make more sense

You can use aggregates based on how your users load the selections in intereactive planning

Suppose you have DC, state, region, country, product and product group as the characterisitics and your mktg users almost always use Product group, country and region while loading data.

toYou create mktplanning books such that they have only these three characterisitics(so that they are forced to load only at this level) and also create an aggregate that has only these three characteristics. Data now is stored at a pre-aggregated level at these three characteristics. When you mktg user load the selections at this level the loading is quicker since the system does not have to do aggregation after reading at a detailed level

If data is loaded at any level other than what is in the aggregates there would be no performance imporvement but nevertheless there would be no issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navigational attributes are on the other hand a join of the main POS table and used to reduce too many CVCs.

Navigational attributes will only make the performance slower

Suggest you look at this note to understand better

413526 - Navigation attributes versus basic charact..pdf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marin,

If my POS is for SNP then there is no concept of CVC involved in it.

In this case how can I design my aggregates.

Thanks for ur help.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

does your POS have the Planific. SNP check box marked?

Because I try to create an aggregate in 9ASNPBAS POS that is a standard POS for SNP and i can not do it.

I only can do this in DP POS's.

Regards.

Marín

Message was edited by:

Ulises Marí

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont think you can make aggregates for SNP POS.

Aggregation makes sense in DP because of the different char levels

The SNP aggregation is different

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can use aggregates to speed up data access and therefore increase performance.

In this aggregates the system saves the planning data on the defined aggregate levels as well as on the lowest level of detail.

In fact, the aggregates are a subset of characteristics of the master planning object structure.

This link can help you:

Aggregates

Regards.

Marí