cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues related to Shopping Cart in SRM 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing issues related to Shopping carts in SRM 3.0 .

1. During "order" of cart if cost assignment information is incorrect ie. wbs_element or project code or G/L a/c information is incorrect then during order of cart it throws warning message and not the error message.

but our customers ignore this warning message and raise tickets that they are not able to create PO out of Shopping cart . Since Classic Scenario is implemented.

Is there any OSS note implemented by SAP to convert these warning message to error message so that cart itself is not ordered and user get error message saying that particular information is incorrect so cart can't be ordered.

If OSS note is not existing what is the work around for this.

Please suggest . Will get good points as this issue has become very critical for clients business process.

Regards

Ashish Garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to Implement BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to issue custom messages (Errors / Warnings etc..) depending on your business requirements.

Alternatively, Use the function module - CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PD_SC_CHECK' and get all the et_messages[] (Standard and custom error messages) - This will call BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI and will generate Error messages, if any on the shopping cart screen (Web page).

<u>Related links -></u>

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI-CheckPurchasingDocument

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/BAdIs(BusinessAddIns)in+SRM

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SRM/SRMBADIRepository

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Thanks for the answer . But on the same side i can also do message configuration settings and make the warning message to error message in that case i need not implement badi.

But issue now is message no. 047 from message class "BBP_PD" has text &1&2&3&4 ie at runtime the full message is formed so this message no. is warning message as per configuration but at times we want this to be error and not allow cart to be ordered .

So, how to set this message no. to error message based on description.

for ex. if xyz is wbs element budget has exceeded then give this error messge.

Any suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SPRO Path

SPRO -> Cross-App Basic Settings -> Message control -> Influence Message Control

Try changing the 'W' (Warning) message to 'E' (Error) in both [Standard & Type options for BUS2121] in this case for Message BBP_PD 47.

Incase it does not work, then Don't use Message control configuration in this case and issue Error Message by using BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI

In this case, you need to code the logic here accordingly. Take help of ABAP Person to help you out in developing thje logic.

Also Refer report LBBP_PDF3G (budget Check) for sample coding.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Chaning to warning to error won't help us . but based on same message no 047 and based on desciption can we alter the behaviour. If yes how

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This change involves to make the standard Warning message to Error message (which is not possible until doing modifications to SAP standard code).

Can you please explain what is the overall -complete requirement ?

I guess, BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI will definitely help in any case.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

How badi will help me .

Since message 047 is warning message with &1&2&3&4 text and during runtime only it forms those parameters.

Now since based on description same message i need to make error message.

so , in nutshell same message no. i want error in some scenario and warning in other scenario. So how badi will help me in this case.

I can also give me mobile no. in case by discusion on call things might be clear.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please send the detailed requirements to my email id as mentioned in the business card.

Just a hint here, based on all messages obtained.. System issues messages collected in et_messages [] table of BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.. You just need to make the 'W' (warning message) to 'E' (Error message) accordingly.

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Can you send me those documents to the below id too.

janefragaa@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Jane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul,

Let me see if this badi can help me because i am getting 047 message as dynamic message.

will get back to you if some issues.

Thanks and Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing this issue.