cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

im trying out the file to file scenario [binary file using file content conversion]from SDN Wiki:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/main&;

On the runtime workbench, adapter engine is in red/error status due to error in the receiver comunication channel.

The sender communication channel is working fine. During testing, my file is being picked up and deleted(processing mode set to delete).

I am able to see the msgs in sxmb_moni and in Message Monitoring, the status is delivered.

However, the receiver channel does not show any error msgs at all.

Yday when i tested , i got the foll error msg:

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter 'EMP.Contacts.fieldFixedLengths' or 'EMP.Contacts.fieldSeparator' is missing

However tdy i dont see any new error msgs during testing (no changes made to the recvr channel).

Given that the sender communication channel is wrking, can i safely assume that file adapter is wrking fine. If not, how do i check the status of the file adapter [in RWB, i can see the file adapter and various other adapters(with a grey diamond icon next to them). how do i interpret the status of the adapter?

Would really appreciate if anyone can advice on how to troubleshoot this?

Many thanx!

cheers

Prachi

I hv tried doing a full cpa cache refresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj,

in sxmb_moni -->clicked on the msg

under XML Msg>Inbound msg>Payloads

i dont see any node for 'Request message mapping'

I went to RWB>Message Monitoring>Integration Engine

i see the msgs in state 'to be delivered'..Clicking on Details , Message Content tab, its empty.. so does it imply somethings wrong in the mapping?

i've tested the interface mapping in IR. pls advice. thanx!

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

goto SMQ1 and SMQ2 and make sure u dont have any entries there,if you find any entry there,activate or delete it and run ur scenario again

Thanx

Ahmad

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

conversion params on sender comm channel:

Recordset Name: Contacts

Recordset Structure: Details,*

Details.fieldSeparator = ,

<b>Details.endSeparator = nl -> Should be Details.endSeparator = 'nl' (it expects a string so enclose in ' ' )</b>

Details.fieldNames = Name,Phone,Address

Receiver

======

Receiver Data structure is:

EMP>Contacts>Name,Address,Mobile

conversion params on recvr comm channel:

Recordset Structure: EMP,Contacts

Try with these parameters

Contacts.addHeaderLine=0

Contacts.fieldFixedLengths = 10,10,10

Contacts.fixedLegthTooShortHandling = ignore.

Contacts.fieldSeparator = ,

<b>Contacts.endSeparator = nl --> Should be -> Contacts.endSeparator = 'nl' (it expects a string so enclose in ' ' )

try this one too remove EMP.fieldSeparator, you cannot set it to 'nl' or else change to EMP.endSeparator='nl' try.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx ahmad,

clearing the queues, helped the messages to reach the receiver communication channel. i now get the foll error:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Channel has not been correctly initialized and cannot process messages.

how can i resolve this?thanx for ur help!

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

this clearly means there is something wrong with the configurations of the receiver communication channel,make sure it has been configured properly and also activated.

Thanx

Ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prachi,

Did u solved it? Ok I asked you before to check the messages from Request Message Mapping payload right? You said u couldn't find that segment . Please follow the below weblog and try to change the trace level to 3. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/10/xi-i-cannot-see-some-of-my-messages-in-the-sxmbmoni

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Contacts.fixedLengthTooShortHandling = ignore</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

thanx for ur replies. with your help, the recvr communication channel does not hv any errors. However ive encountered a new problem. I've opened a new thread for it. If anyone has any inputs, would really appreciate your help!!

cheers

Prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I assume from the discussion that Sender Payload is being created. Now the problem is on the receiver side . The file hasn't been created >?

If it is yes juz post few more parameter that you are using

Are you sure the target directory exsits ?

File Name >?

File Construction Mode >?

FCC on the receiver side >?

Or else the prob is diff >??????

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yeah file is being sent..but not recvd (no logs in recvr channel, it shows an error status for calling adapter)

hv confirmed that receiver directory exists..comm channels show they are configured and started correctly (green status)

am using the following conversion params in the recvr channel :

Content conversion parameters:

Contacts.addHeaderLine 0

Contacts.fieldFixedLengths 10,10,10

Contacts.fixedLengthTooShortHandling ignore

Contacts.fieldSeparator ,

Contacts.endSeparator 'nl'

EMP.fieldFixedLengths 0

err code:HTTP response contains status code 503 with the description Service Unavailable Error while sending by HTTP

AFW service is unavailable

we increased trace level to 3 and got the foll msgs which didnt prove to be very helpful :

System_Error">Error exception return from pipeline processing!

thnx

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raj,

i added the EMP.fieldSeparator field. But now on testing i dont see any error msgs in the channel, and recv channel is still in error msg.

in sxmb_moni, i selected the msg and for Payload(Main document) found the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

- <ns:mt_sender xmlns:ns="urn:flatfile:to:flatfile">

- <Contacts>

- <Details>

<Name>test</Name>

<Phone>1234</Phone>

<Address>test</Address>

</Details>

</Contacts>

</ns:mt_sender>

do i need to include fixed field lengths in the sender and recv content conversion params?thanx

prachi

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prachi,

U don't need to add fixed field lengths . Where did u get the messsage , I mean under which node. Please check under Request Message Mapping.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj,

i made the suggested changes. I am now seeing an error msg:

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter 'EMP.fieldFixedLengths' or 'EMP.fieldSeparator' is missing

ne clues?thanx

prachi

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prachi,

Sorry !! Please include EMP.fieldSeparator 'nl' along with mentioned in my above reply. Also could you please confirm, in the SXMB_MONI the mapping output is correct as u expected. See the payload under <b>Request Message Mapping</b> .

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raju,

Thanx for the response..

The recv channel is still in error status. The error msg: Conversion initialization failed: -is from yday, after which i've made changes to correct it. But in Communication channel monitoring, i dont see any success msgs or errors from tdy (ive tested a few times)..so i dont know whether msg is even being processed on the receiver side, how can i find out whats happening to the message once it reaches the recv communication channel?

Sender

=====

Sender Data structure is:

Contacts >Details>Name,Address,Phone

conversion params on sender comm channel:

Recordset Name: Contacts

Recordset Structure: Details,*

Details.fieldSeparator = ,

Details.endSeparator = nl

Details.fieldNames = Name,Phone,Address

Receiver

======

Receiver Data structure is:

EMP>Contacts>Name,Address,Mobile

conversion params on recvr comm channel:

Recordset Structure: EMP,Contacts

Contacts.fieldNames = Name,Address,Mobile

Contacts.fieldSeparator = ,

Contacts.endSeparator = nl

EMP.fieldSeparator = nl

hv mapped the above two in message mapping..

let me know if you hv ne clues on this..thanx!

cheers

Prachi

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prachi,

Remove Contacts.fieldNames parameter.

EMP.endSeparator 'nl' not EMP.fieldSeparator

Try this and let us know the results.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanx for your replies.. I made changes to the recvr communication channel and re-activated (after seeing the error msg: Conversion initialization failed).

However, in Communication channel monitoring, i dont see any messages for the recvr channel (error or otherwise to indicate that the message has been received etc). The status of the recv channel is -->started but has errors.

how do i go abt resolving this? Thanx!

cheers

prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prachi ,

I thinks its because of receiver File Processing Parameters,as you are considering here File Content Conversion.

If your structure is like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns1:Proveedor_100011 xmlns:ns1="http://sap.com/xi/webservices/buyordint">

<config>

<directory>c:/tmp</directory>

<filename>dynamicFile3.txt</filename>

</config>

<root>

<string>Header;423423</string>

<lines>

<value>LINE;</value>

</lines>

</root>

</ns1:Proveedor_100011>

Then your content conversion is -

RecordSet Structure: config,root

root.fieldSeparator = ;

root.endSeparator = 'nl'

config.fieldFixedLenghts = 0

config.fixedLenghtTooShortHandling = CUT

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

With Regards,

Raju.

Please give points if useful.....

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You need to check the status of specific Communication Channel only. so go to RWB>Component Monitoring>Adapter Engine(if it is red, ignore it.. it may be because of one of the communication channel is not working properly not the Adapter )-->Communication Channel Monitoring

Check for both Sender Channel and Receiver Channel so that you can confirm everything is fine.

Rgds

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bijlani,

The error clearly states:

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter 'EMP.Contacts.fieldFixedLengths' or 'EMP.Contacts.fieldSeparator' is missing

Are you doing any content conversion. If yes then it is throwing error in your receiver communicaiton channel. If you are not doing any content conversion then you should not get this error.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

All the adapters except for JPR will be greyed out if you are working on PI 7.0 b'coz those options have been moved to communication channel monitoring. So that is not a problem. If both the sender comm channel and receiver comm channel are fine then the file adapter is fine.