cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edi work of a functional sd consultant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello folks, i have got a lot of stuff for edi and am trying to learn the edi basics. what i have known so far is how to customize the steps for edi . , generating idocs in our system and sending it to the edi sub system(third party system)

major area of work is, when we map our r/3 system with the edi system , but that is something a technical guy does(an abaper) most of the time.

but me as an sd consultant , can just tell the abaper that what applications , or application data am i going to send etc etc. and give him the fiels to be mapped . is that correct?

my question is

1) is that all as a sd functional consultant , i do?

2) what are the other areas i as a functional guy work when i work with edi 's?

3)what kind of edi subsytems are available in the market?

please explain me giving examples. thank a lot

n. bhardwaj

nehabhardwaj01@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear N. Bharadwaj,

<b>1) is that all as a sd functional consultant , i do?</b>

It is not all the functional consultant work. You would need to identify the IDOCs to be used. Like

ORDERS01 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS02 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS03 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS04 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS05 Purchasing/Sales

DELVRY01 Delivery interface

DELVRY02 Delivery interface with dangerous goods data

DELVRY03 Delivery interface

DELVRY04 Delivery interface

INVOIC01 Invoice/Billing document

INVOIC02 Invoice/Billing document etc.

<b>2) what are the other areas i as a functional guy work when i work with edi 's?</b>

You would need to identity the IDOC to be used and the fields to be mapped. Fix any errors if they are related to functional area. For example, when you create a order confirmation you could get error like customer does not exist or things like that. Provide Logic if the standard IDOC is extended so that extended segments would be updated.

<b>3)what kind of edi subsytems are available in the market?</b>

GETNTRAN, HARBINGER etc.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.