cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab order in web dynpro ui elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing inconsistent Tab behavior on my web dynpro screens.

On some of them when I hit the Tab key the cursor moves to the next actual input field on the screen. In other cases, the focus moves to a label field OR a read-only field on the screen.

I've looked but I can't figure out why this is happening. Is there a way to set it up so that hitting the Tab key ONLY goes to actual fields that can accept input data?

Thanks in advance for any help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also opened an OSS message asking SAP this question. They told me that OSS messages aren't for that kind of thing and referred me to SDN. They gave me the link to the post below.

However, I am finding that the labelFor property is also behaving strangely. For example, on one screen I have 11 fields (some dropdowns, some plain text, some radio buttons) and when I click the dropdown on the labelFor property it's not showing all of the fields. The other strange thing is that some of the fields listed in the dropdown are label UI elements themself.

Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do in order for the labelFor element to show all my input fields?

Thanks

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wow. I've never seen it behave that way. Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe post the issue of the labelFor showing odd items and see if anybody has any ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Concerning the elements that appear in the view designer for the "labelFor" property: There should not appear any labels or other elements that cannot be labelled themselves. This is a problem of the view designer who does not have enough information to restrict the elements in the dropdown-list.

I cannot comment on the handling of your OSS message. But for reporting bugs, OSS is the way to go.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The dropdown list of the labelFor property is definitely showing UI elements that are of type 'TextView'. On the particular screen I'm working on now, it's showing all the UI elements of type 'TextView' that are on the screen.

I haven't checked other screens to see if it always shows all of the 'TextView' UI elements.

Another thing that's happening on this screen is that the labelFor dropdown list does not include two UI elements that are of type RadioButtonGroupByIndex and RadioButtonGroupByKey

I wasn't really expecting anyone to do anything about my OSS situation. Just mentioned it in case someone was going to suggest "open a message"

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: OSS responded that the issue with field names of type TextView showing up in "labelFor" dropdown is a bug in sp09 and that they'll have a fix for that in future patch.

Greg_Austin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I've seen web dynpro tab to a label the "labelFor" property wasn't set correctly.