cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Transport Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some doubt about the procedure to setup a common transport directory.

Lets assume I have a 3 systems landscape (Windows env) with DEV,QTY and PRD systems. After installing SAP on the three servers, now I have to include the above systems in a common transport domain. I want DEV system to be my domain controller.

My doubts are:

1) Before configuring DEV as domain controller using STMS, do I need to share /usr/sap/trans dir for this system ?

2) (Assume /usr/sap/trans dir for DEV is shared by now) After I include the QTY and PRD system into this domain using STMS, How will the QTY and PRD system understant that they shud use the shared "/usr/sap/trans " dir of DEV and not their local /usr/sap/trans. Do I manually edit some settings for QTY and PRD systems to achieve this ? Please let me know exact steps that are involved.

Thanks !

Mandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend,

for your first question.

yes you have to share usr for the three servers. before doing this you need to check these three servers in networl level that means. in windows/system 32/drivers/etc/host file edit the three system configuration with ip. for eg

192.168.1.178 emsap002

192.168.1.200 emsap001

192.168.1.235 emsap007 in all the three servers. (there ip and system name).

AFTER this step enable your guest account.

or you check in <sid> in that sharing and security add everyone and give all rights.

then check its working or not by

step 1; in run command
<systemname>\sapmnt\trans

by giving this without asking password it should enter in to the respective servers.

step2

then set in all the threee servers profile (instance and default)

set the parameter as

DIR_TRANS =
<domain controller system name>\sapmnt\trans

hope this help mandeep.

if ur not clear means come to gtalk i willt ell the procedure

regards

vijay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your help !!!!

Mandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try the following.

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/how-to-do-the-tms-configuration.htm

And also,

STMS configuration.

1.Login to 000 client with user DDIC

2. goto STMS --> prompts to create a domain controller --> check with entries and save.

3. goto systemoverview -->SAP system --> create virtual system ( For QAS and PRD)

4.goto Transport routes -->change --> configuration --> standard configuration --> three system in group --> enter SID's --> specify Three system configuration and distribute configuration to all systems.

Once you created virtual systems and then goto transport routes and configutation -->change --> standard configuration --> threesystem group. specify SID's of three systems and save then specift three system configuration and distridute configuration.

Once you have done above thing add QAS and PRD in to landscape.

1. Login to PRD system 000 client with DDIC user.

2.STMS --> prompts to create domain controller > select other configuration and add to existing domain controller ( i.e DEV because DEV is domain controller).> specify system details for PRD system.

3.Once you added and saved. login to DEV system --> 000 with DDIC --> stms --> system overview --> select PRD system --> SAP system --> Approve and save.

4. follow the same steps for QAS also.

5. A communication user will be created between domain controller and remaining systems in a landscape. ie TMSADM

6. the entire configuration will be stored in DOMAIN.cfg file in trans/bin folder

I hope this information will helpful to you.

Note: Points always encourage me to reply !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep ,

Try the solution / steps given by MSR , still you need further assistance please revert back .

Regards ,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep ,

1) Before configuring DEV as domain controller using STMS, do I need to share /usr/sap/trans dir for this system ? -> There no need to share seperatly as SAP while instalaltion create globel share saploc & sapmnt .

2) (Assume /usr/sap/trans dir for DEV is shared by now) After I include the QTY and PRD system into this domain using STMS, How will the QTY and PRD system understant that they shud use the shared "/usr/sap/trans " dir of DEV and not their local /usr/sap/trans. Do I manually edit some settings for QTY and PRD systems to achieve this ? Please let me know exact steps that are involved. -> STMS will take care of distribution , you just have to mention the profile parameter DIR_TRANS -> /usr/sap/trans into instance profile .

Hope this will help .

Regards ,

Santosh Karadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am not clear with the first 1) explanation. Can you please instead tell me the steps that I need to do to setup a CTD for the above three systems. This will help me understant the concept better.

Really appreciate your help in this regard.

Regards,

Mandeep