cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Import of RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I recently imported in XI an RFC from our BW system called "/BI0/QI6ASENDXMLDATATOBW_RFC". When I look at the RFC in the IR it has the name "/BI0/QI6ASENDXMLDATATOBW_RFC" which is fine. However the first element (highest element) as defined in the structure is called:

"_-BI0_-QI6ASENDXMLDATATOBW_RFC". In addition I have 2 fields in the RFC called "/BIC/BPONUMBER" and "/BIC/BPOLINE" which have been renamed in XI to "_-BIC_-BPONUMBER" and "_-BIC_-BPONUMBER" respectively. So basically when the data gets passed to BW's delta queue we lost the PO number and line number because BW doesn't recognize the tags. Has anyone seen this and does anyone know if there is a fix on it? Whenever I search SDN or OSS for the characters "/" or "_-" it ignores them and I haven't been able to find anything.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See note 730870 Question 6

You need to ensure you are using RFC receiver/sender cchannels

OR here's a workaround: create a stub (function module) in BW, import the stub to IR and use this for all your communication - this way you can use other forms of communicating with BW... of course ensure no escape characeters in the name of the stub

sincerely,

--NM

edited by: Naomi Monnier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All...

Naomi this was it. What we're actually playing with is pushing delta data from an R3 system to BW. We're using the following "How to" document as a guide..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/18dfe590-0201-0010-6b8b-d21dfa99...

So it appears the problem is XI purposely changes a "/" (which interferes with valid XML syntax) to "_-". The RFC adapter then transposes the "_-" back for you. Our problem is per the above document we don't use the RFC adapter. We instead tie a message interface to the imported RFC messages and use SPROXY on the BW side to generate an ABAP proxy on BW. Then we connect XI and BW via XI adapter. Of course the XI adapter doesn't automatically do the transformation of the tag for us so I just added code in the proxy to handle it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, I think the external definition won't work for you either, / can't be used in XML names. Because it is used for an end marker, which is also the reason XI will not import it correctly. That's probably what the above note is about... this might be a hard fix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jones,

I think we should not have this issues unless the structure is changed in BW system. So please check that. Also reimport and give a try once again. If something is changed in BW then you have to activate it in BW and then reimport and give a shot.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you deleted what you imported and reimported it?

or

You could also export it as XML, make the changes in the XML structure(just change the names in question) and import it as an external definition and use that instead for all your ID work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Thanks for the feedback. I indeed have tried deleting and reimporting. Same problem persists. I kind of knew I could export the RFC and reimport as an external definition. However I was hoping someone knew of an OSS note (or similar solution) that would fix this problem. As far as I'm concerned this appears to be a bug to me therefore SAP should fix. I just hadn't had any luck finding any OSS notes out there because of the difficulty with searching for the special characters.

Thanks!