cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS WEBGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Little confused on activation of ITS WEBGUI.

During our conversion to ECC 6.0 in test instances I established an ITS WEBGUI by following the blog at, https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2204. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Now after the upgrade, I revisited this, followed the same blog…but this time it did not work as before. After some searches on the SDN forums, it appears the icm/server_port_0, had the port=0, so I set to port=1080. I wondered …why didn’t I run into this in the test instance. Anyway after changing that, the logon comes up, but now other erros stating:

To log on, speicific ICF nodes must be activated...etc..etc. and refers to note 517484. Which I have read, but which I did not contend with before, so I feel I’m going down a path that should not be necessary. What have I done incorrectly ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

if I remember correctly, you don't need to log in again if you are already logged in, for example through an SAP GUI session.

The steps we did (and it was in some thread):

SE80: select the Internet Services: SYSTEM and WEBGUI. Publish these services with the Context Menu -> Publish -> Complete Service

Activate services in SICF:

/sap/public/bc/its/mimes

/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

In addition we checked OSS note 517484 and activated several of the services , for example under

- Assignment of Web Dynpro ABAP applications

- Assignment of SAP icons

Just try to get it to work with activating more nodes than you really need, you can still limit it down later on.

Regards,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try to get it to work with activating more nodes than you really need...I will try this, before opeing a message, since an OSS message is a pain. But seems SAP ought to have a more astute way of doing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I got this to work, thanks Victor and Ingrid, by activating several other services.

In note 698329 it states:

Start the simple service echo:

http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/echo?

==> if errors occur here, the problem is a general one.

there is no point starting the SAP GUI for Windos service if these general problems exist.

Well...that does NOT work, yet I now have the webgui working.

Is this note wrong? Or is there still some residual issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I can fully understand your questions and headache - exactly this way I feel as well, when I try to activate this without "just" activating "all services" ... I really think, that the notes in this area are not complete ...

Regards

Volker Gueldenpfennig, consolut.gmbh

http://www.consolut.de - http://www.4soi.de - http://www.easymarketplace.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

Volker...yes. I finally activated everything, and the echo now works. I think in the test instance, that's what i did, activated everything, and that's why I didn't see this.

For now, and for this purpose, it works. For PRD....more work to do, but that is a ways off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

Note 517484 is needed for ABAP-based Web services, like integrated ITS.

If it is a ERP system, I would start with the following nodes.

/default_host/sap/public/icman

nodes under "Using Business Server Pages (BSP)"

nodes under "Using the BSP logon procedure"

Hope it would clear the error you got...

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor, the point I'm confused on...I did none of this on our test upgrades....and I had the webgui functional. Is there a shortcut process that I'm missing? If not, how in the world did the test instances work without setting ports, and activating service under those other areas. AND...why does the blog set of instructions make zero mention of any of this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

Maybe someone else is touching your test system? It happened to me before...

Blog is what the blogger did to get his/her case work. Great resource (at least get your test system working), but may not work for all the cases.

Please review the following link - installation and configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/54/4d9993c6592941a407313a6763575c/frameset.htm

I guess you may miss the services like

default_host/sap/public/bc/its/mimes

Good luck,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I’ve started and stopped different services under SICF. I had only the WEBGUI service started. I then started default_host/sap/public/bc/its/mimes, retested the webgui, and it took me to my my main sapgui menu…with my favorites, WITHOUT A LOGON REQUEST.

I then had another user test the webgui link. It presented a logon screen.

On the screen, he chose logon to continue. Then the got, id/password request, then it errored, with:

To log on, specific ICF nodes must be activated in transaction SICF

Check the following ICF nodes, as described in note 517484:

/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bc/ur

Remember I’m logged on via webgui. I then opened a new browser windonw, and pasted in the url for the webgui. It acted the same as it did with the other user, with MY id, which is already on the webgui. Seems this can get tricked out and function really odd.

Ideas…anyone? The ICF nodes mentioned by the error message doesn’t seem to sync exactly with note 517484..

I current have activated::

default_host/sap/public/bc/its/mimes

default_host/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

The issue you have does look weird...

Check note 698329 and 692791?

Go over the installation/configuration procedure again for anything suspicious?

Compare the WEBGUI service defined in SICF between TEST and PRD?

Open an OSS message? You can enable a Windows terminal service, so SAP support can see what exactly happens.

Good luck,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did another test.

With fresh IE window, did log on attempt. Log on went in this manner:

Logon screen presented, chose logon to continue. Then got, id/password request, then it errored, with:

To log on, specific ICF nodes must be activated in transaction SICF

Check the following ICF nodes, as described in note 517484:

/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bc/ur

Close IE window.

Retest webgui, and get right in with main menu, with NO logon screen presented. The first error, does not occur on second attempt.

Looks like I'll be opening an OSS message.