Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete Language Supplementation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently trying to find out whether the following is possible:

• all users of all countries should work with an english setup of the SAP system, but should create, modify and display documents in local language *

Coming from that objective - is it possible to supplement a language completely with english? Means the user can logon e.g. with ES as logon language, creates, modifies and displays documents in spanish (stored correctly in the *T tables), but gets all the screens etc. in english.

Is this a feasible approach ?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uwe,

We do exactly what you are describing with 20+ languages. Japanese users log in and see all English texts, but when they enter addresses or people's names etc., it uses the Japanese code page to interpret the characters.

We "supplement" all languages with English in update mode which actually overwrites the foreign text with English. We do this with smlt -> language -> special actions -> supplement (expert). Select all tables and change them to "U" (update) mode rather than insert only mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

I believe the default i.e. when the corresponding language entries are missing is German.

Can't remember whether this is hardcoded or not.

Now if you want to have all the screens in English (remember this is illegal in Quebec) you could just replace the corresponding language texts with the english ones.....

Have fun.