cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To configure a HTTP to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I am trying to configure a HTTP to RFC scenario.

I have to get the data from a URL - http://supplierportal.com/.

I know that the design and configuration part is gonna be the same as any other scenario.

Can anyone tell me what are the extra configurations that needs to be done for this scenario. I am wondering where do we give the URL from which the data is fetched and how do we get only certain fields from the portal

Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sender agreement is not required.

The data in case of HTTP sender could be posted through HTTP client. Whatever data u want to send to XI should be in the payload in XML format.

Can u elaborate on wht data u want to extract from URL?

HTTP Client

/message/266750#266750 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have to get the PO data from the URL and create sales orders against the PO in R/3. The PO will be created in the Portal which is WEBEDI enabled. I want to know how to get this data into XI, am clear abt pushing the data from XI to R/3. Are there any specific changes that has to be done in the delivery mechanism in the portal/

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sending application(in your case, the portal), has to post the data to the XI. XI will not pull the data from a HTTP location. I think this where you are going wrong.

So, for the Portal to (HTTP)post the data to XI, you need the URL. If you see the thread, many people have referred to the HTTP testing tool, essentially you can use this tool to mimic the portal and try to send data to XI. This tool will give you the URL(after you fill in the required fields and do the post) as well.

Basically the portal opens a socket to the XI server and does an HTTP post. Anyway you don’t have to bother about it as an XI developer. You just need to pass on the URL to them.

Cheers

danus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danus,

Thank u so much for the informaion.

The scenario that i am working on is as below.

There is a customer who raises PO in their own portal. We have been provided a login to their portal for accessing the PO that they raise and we will supply the material to them.Now, we are implementing SAP in our company, our agenda is to get the PO that is created in their portal and create a sales order against that PO and then send them a ASN (anyway this ASN will be separate interface).

The below are the configuration that i have done...

Design part:

1 ) Created the neccessary datatypes and message types for the information that we get from the portal.

2) Cretaed the message interface :

outbound interface - message type (of type with info from portal)

inbound interface - RFC function module.

3) Done the message mapping and interface mapping.

Configuration part :

1) Configured the receiver comm channel.

2) since there is no need for a sender comm channel and sender agreement (am not sure abt this yet). am stuck with the receiver agreement b'coz we will have to fill the sender details in this part..

3) As I understand it is the responsibility of the Portal ppl to deliver the PO to the XI link.Right?

Plz help me to proceed further...

Thanks and regards

Arun Kumar

Message was edited by:

Arunkumar sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Yes, in a normal HTTP ->XI ->[xxx] scenario, the HTTP side is responsible for posting data into XI. The only 2 usual exceptions are JMS and JDBC where XI gets message from queue / selects data by querying the table .

So far you are on the right track. Go to your message mapping, take the test view, then go to the source. You’ll get the XML structure in which XI expects data. You need to give this structure to the Portal developer and ask him to post data in that format to XI. Or you can open the message type and get the XSD representation from the XSD tab. The portal guys can crate XML according to the XSD and post it to XI as well.

You can create a third party business system in your SLD(or less preferably a business service in ID) and use it as the sending system.

So you can use it in all the ID objects, like, Receiver determination, Interface determination and receiver agreement. You don’t need a sender agreement or a sender channel.

Cheers

danus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the info Danus.

I also have a doubt regarding the SOAP adapter. What i have done with my scenario now is >>> I have exposed my message interface as a webservice in ID and i have created the WSDL for my interface.

>>>Will the portal people be able to post the data to XI using this WSDL file?

If so, Which adapter would be better...SOAP or HTTP for this scenario

in case of SOAP how do i test my scenario?

Regards

Arun kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

SOAP adapter should be fine. You get many SOAP testing tools(clients) for testing, just google it.

cheers

danus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danus,

Thx for all the info that you have povided. I would like to keep in touch with you for any help, this is my email address arunkumar.sukumar@gmail.com. If you don't mind send a test mail to my id. so that i'll update you the once my scenario is complete.

Regards

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Can anyone tell me what are the extra configurations that needs to be done for this scenario

No extra configurations. Only thing you need to configure your Sender HTTP CC and RFC receiver CC.

>>I am wondering where do we give the URL from which the data is fetched and how do we get only certain fields from the portal

fill the required details in the client HTTP (querry string)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijaya,

>>>Sender HTTP CC

what are all the parameters that should be filled in the HTTP CC

>>>fill the required details in the client HTTP (querry string)

Can you elaborate on this plzzz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what are all the parameters that should be filled in the HTTP CC

a)Server Host

b)Port

c)Client

d)Sender Service

e)Sender Interface

f)QOS & Sender namespace

Plz go thru the following, which contains all the details:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/66dadc6e-0a01-0010-9ea9-bb6...

if u still need any info, do lemme know.

regards

Message was edited by:

Vijaya Lakshmi MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vizee,

I don't see any fields like what you have mentioned. In the HTTP CC i have only the following fields :

Transport protocol

message protocol

adapter engine

HTTP security level and

adapter specific message attributes

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You dont require communication channel for HTTP Sender Adapter unless you want adapter specific message attributes or security to be configured.

Does your scenario is to fetch the data from the URL i.e. XI --> HTTP or HTTP --> XI.

>><i>The standard exchange format for data in the Integration Engine is XML. However, using the plain HTTP adapter you can also send and receive data in HTML and ASCII. In this case you must use a Java mapping.</i>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/82/f4993c03e0cd37e10000000a11405a/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/82/f4993c03e0cd37e10000000a11405a/content.htm</a>

Thanks,

Beena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi beena ,

The scenario is HTTP to XI.

I want to kow where to specify the URl if there is no sender adapter.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>> want to kow where to specify the URl if there is no sender adapter.

The URL should be suppied by the application that does the HTTP post operation.

For knowing how to construct the URL, you can look into the HTTP client code.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

For HTTP-XI-RFC Go through this

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/66dadc6e-0a01-0010-9ea9-bb6...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/content.htm

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gne through this blog already but it doesn't say where we give the URL of the portal for the XI system to understand from where data is fetched

Regards

Arun

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with this for http client

/message/266750#266750 [original link is broken]