cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods receipt and closing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I know this a question to be asked from MM but I am sure you people would be knowing it:

Whenever I do goods receipt (tcode: MB1C, movement type: 561) and enter, it gives the error "Posting only possible in 2007/05 and 2007/04 in CoCd XXXX. I know I need to close posting periods for MMRs. But the while doing that using MMPV for 2007/06 and CoCd XXXX, it comes to a screen stating following:

<b>Client YYY

Period entered (month/year) :06 2007

Incorrect period in control rec of CoCd XXXX; no conversion The current period of record (month/year) is 05 2007

Alternatively, I try to close period thru OMSY and change period on "Pe" column, a window pops up saying "The CoCd XXXX no longer be initialised"</b>

Can anyone help on this? I'm stuck and can't go further. Reward points assured.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are getting the problem because fiscal year variant is assigned to comp code to that fiscal year variant periods will be assigned got o IMG->Financial accounting-->Fiscal year variant select the fiscal year variant assigned to your company code then click on periods then see the current month assigned to which period.

Then use OMSY tcode then select your co code there u have to specify the current year and the period which u had seen previously then save

Regards

Karthik.R

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear samier,

it is very simple issue but some time we will miss some imp things

as u know MMPV or MMPI for closing the periods, rather than this pls check the below mentioned your issue will get resolved

Check whether G/l accounts has been assigned or not in T.Code: OBYC.

Please try transaction OMWD. Against your plant ( valuation area ), please maintain the valuation group code 0001.

OMS2 chose Quantity/Value Updation under dialog structure.chose ur Valuation Area ( Plant) and material type.there will be tick under the Quantity Updation

goto OBC5 and assign field status variant

rewards if it helps

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Your answer really helped me in closing periods. Now new problem has occured and I'm oblivious about it. While enter goods receipt (MB1C), it shows an error reading "No stock posting possible for this material type". Diagnosis reads "The material belong to a material type whose stocks are not managed on a quantity basis".

Material is "finished products" and base unit of measure is "EA". Do I need to create a new material? Can u help me out?

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samier,

You need to activate "Quantity and Value" update check box for the plant/valuation area for the material type in transaction "OMS2".

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear sameer,

i was already given the solution for this also, if you check my answer again

OMS2 chose Quantity/Value Updation under dialog structure.chose ur Valuation Area ( Plant) and material type.there will be tick under the Quantity Updation

dont check for value updation.

Iam sure it will resolve ur problem

siva

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samier,

Check in "OB37" as which Fiscal Year variant is assigned to your company code... now check the defination of the same using "OB29" looks like in your case year dependent calender is being used... may be this mismatch is causing the error.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i guess your problem is very simple when the system says the period open is 2007/05 and posting is possible only in this month , i guess you need to close this month first then the 2007/06 so system will allow you to post in current month

Hope this wil solve your problem

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anuj/Prasobh,

I checked what you both have told but still not closing period for MMRs. Help me out.

Regards

Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

well the system wil not allow you to change the year in OMSY transaction , now the solution for your problem is:

in OMSY --- Against your company code you would have a Year and Pe ( Month)

so lets assume your system has XXXX as year & X as month then you need to go to MMPV and close the period from that period onwards till the time you want to post

for eg if its 2006 , 5 , then you need to close all the periods one by one from 5th month of 2005 till 7th month of 2007 ...

hope this is clear ...

Cheers