SPRO

--> SAP Solution Manager

--> Scenario-Specific Settings

--> Services Desk

--> IC Web Client

--> Information

" Note 962707 contains information required to set up the IC WebClient."

I have two questions:

1. That note is not available on the Service Marketplace - am I missing something?

2. Importing (another) BC-Set - will that "overwrite" already done customization?

--

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Concerning Note 962707, it is still under process and should be released soon for customers.

Regards

Amit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I though that - thank you for the answer.

Thought - what will importing a BC set imply? Will it overwrite any settings that are already made?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I though that - thank you for the answer.

>

> Thought - what will importing a BC set imply? Will it

> overwrite any settings that are already made?

>

1] Import a set of customizing data.

2] Check the following link: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/720008774c11d395f200a0c930dcc1/content.htm">Activate BC sets</a>

When setting-up for example the Service Desk or Change Request management, it's probably faster to import the default BC-sets given by SAP instead of customizing it yourself.

(Most documentation you find is for Solution manager 3.2.

If you use solution manager 4.0, search for sap notes for the correct BC-sets.)

Before you import the BC-sets you can view the settings or first simulate the import-action.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanx for you answer - I knew how to import BC-Sets - I just don't want to overwrite any settings we made - since I need to "overwrite all".

Does the test-import tell me, when something will be overwritten? I was under the impression, that the test import will just check syntactically and not semantically...

Our system has been customized under 3.2 - and I already got one time a wrong answer from official support to "just click default customizing" and everything was overwritten and we had two weeks trouble to get everything working again. I want to avoid having the same trouble again by importing that BC-set.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know it will overwrite default values.

If you changed default sap, for example settings like businesspartner- or text determination in transaction SLFN it will probably overwrite these values.

However i you copied all default sap to ZLFN, it should not overwrite those values. This just is not a available in the BC-set.

My advice: Think twice before you activate BC-sets, also consider if it's really necessary to active those. Also back-up where possible.

(I'm not an expert on BC-sets, I'm not a sap employee. Rembemer that this i what i think what will happen. I don't wanna give you weeks of extra work to restore.)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

I think I will open (yet another) OSS call before applying it... since there´s no documentation how to set it up manually I´m pretty lost here.

--

Markus