cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*WARNING* messages IcmJ2EEScheduleFunc: Cannot access "/sap/public/icman"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Anyone encountered the following error messages in the dev_icm tracefile?

• WARNING => IcmJ2EEScheduleFunc: Cannot access "/sap/public/icman" with protocol "HTTPS" on AppServer - please check node in TA sicf

Some info:

The service /sap/public/icman is not active.

No J2EE engine is installed.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

-Chung.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For my 700 ABAP+JAVA System when I started the system with shared memory configuration i.e. 'es/implementation = map' then I havent find any issue,

but for some checks when I started it without using shared memory i.e. 'es/implementation = std' I also faced this same error, and J2EE engine failed to start.

So it may be because of some memory constraints. Check it once.

regards,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Have your configured your Web AS with HTTPS? If not you will get the error. Check the port details under Tx SMICM - Go to - Service. You should find HTTPS port if it is configured.

2) I presume it is Web AS (ABAP) and Java add-on is not installed. Hence, you will get an error saying that NO J2EE engine is installed.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem, but I found out the problem.

In ICF the sap/public/icman service must be activated.

I didn't do that, because of note 517484. But this note has changed. When I check the version of over 1 year ago, when we implemented ICM for the first time. You should only activate it when you are using J2EE.

But now it says, when you use HTTP or SMTP or HTTPS, you should activate this service.

It stopped now on our QA system. So when I don't find any other issues, I will activate this service in production as well.

m_bezemer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, i have something like it too:

IcmJ2EEScheduleFunc: Cannot access "/sap/public/icman" on AppServer - please check node in TA sicf [icxxman_mt.c 1872] 

Same kind of config, it is a R/3 4.7 ext.200 system without any J2EE stuff on it (as far as i know).

Also it runs on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8.2 and MaxDB/SAPDB.

Am looking for a clue as well

Anyone?