Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events on ALV in Web Dynpro for ABAP

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

On an ALV GRID in ABAP one can use the event handle_data_changed that is activated immediately at the time data is changed.

Is there a similar event in ALV in Web Dynpro for ABAP?

How would I know if any data was changed in an ALV grid in WDA?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi:

I have  similar problems,Have you solve this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an event data_check for the ALV in WD ABAP. However, to know if any data has changed or not, you can use the context change log. You need to enable the context change log for your component and when you do a get_context_changes, it will give you the changes.

Regards

Nithya

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The R_PARAM parameter for ONDATACHECK event does have a table with all the data changes. But what I need is an event that gets triggered immediately when any data is changed.

Regards

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You could raise an event through IF_SALV_WD_CONFIG~ON_CHANGED right??.

Thanks

Anzy

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Just looked at the Interface and I guess you could but how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To trigger the DATA_CHECK event on pressing enter, you need to use the set_data_check method. Use the following code:

l_alv_model->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_data_check( IF_SALV_WD_C_TABLE_SETTINGS=>DATA_CHECK_ON_CELL_EVENT ).

Now you can define the data check event handler and it will get triggered when you change something and press enter, or even if you click on another cell. The DATA_CHECK attribute will by default be set to be trigger only on clicking the 'check' button. This will change it.

Regards

Nithya

Faaiez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have used this event and this is not what I require. I need the event to be triggered when the user changes the data and not when enter is pressed.

Thanks