cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory to enter at least one bidder for Public Bid Invitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Can anyone tell me why it is mandatory to enter at least one business partner as Bidder even while creating Public Bid Invitation?

An open Public Bid Invitation is accessible to all potential bidders on the web, bidders can login to SAP bidding engine and enter their bids.

So it is open to all bidders then why is it mandatory to enter at least one bidder. Ideally it should have been just a warning message for Public bid invitation and Error message for Restricted bid Invitation.

How can I make this message as warning message?

Regards,

Sandeep Parab.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,friends.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not forget to reward helpful answers ))

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you get a SAP answer ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yann,

Sorry for the delay in replay .. This was SAP's response.

"Thank you very much for your query !

I checked this with Development and this field is mandatory even though

it is a public bid invitation because at least one bidder (portal)

should know that there is a bid invitation published. Otherwise no

one will know that there is a bid invitation.

If you wish to remove the mandatory requirement this will require a

modification to your system."

SAP has stress that this is a consulting issue. Which I am not comfortable with.

Regards,

Sandeep

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the SRM as a COTS product, it has been designed for different customer scenarios mainly supporting the public and private bid invitation.

For a public bid invitation, the BI data must be published to a portal (e.g. marketplace) to notify every potential supplier out there in the marketplace.

For a private bid invitation, the purchaser will determine which are the suppliers that can take part in the BI.

Hence from the above, a single bidder is a mandatory requirement.

As for your requirement, you are assuming that the potential bidder will check for the published bid invitation by themselves. As such, you do not need any bidder by default. Hence please switch off that error msg in the IMG. You may need to add that error msg data into the table BBPV_PDMSG first followed by the IMG configuration.

Regards.

Message was edited by:

Yeu Sheng Teo

null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yeu,

Thanks for your input.

I did try to maintain record in BBPV_PDMSG with following values

App area Msg no Obj type Key Key All Std switch off

BBP_PD 429 BUS2200 <blank> <blank> W E <uncheck>

But the message didnt change to warning as expected.

Is my configuration correct?

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yeu,

I further tried maintaining message 429 in BBPV_PDMSG with switch-off, then maintianed V_T100C table with warning message.

Still the message is error message in application.

Seems it has been hard coded.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yann and all,

It seems there was some technical reason because of which Sandeep's table entry was not taking effect.

The message is warning now.

and we could meet our business requirement of public BI without mandatory bidder.

The stadard config path for this is --> SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Message Control->Influence Message Control->Bid Invitation EC->message no BBP_PD 429 ---> change to type W

BR

Dinesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's standard functionality.

Suppliers must register themselves to obtain permission to participate in a public bidding process.

<b>Prerequisites</b>

-> If you want to submit a bid, you must have a user master record. See Logging on and Requesting Users. You do not need a user to receive information about a bid, as registered suppliers receive this information automatically by email.

-> For information on the requirements for installing and using the live auction cockpit, see the SAP SRM Server installation documentation on SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/srm-inst.

-> If you want to receive e-mails regarding any changes made to a public bid invitation, you must register for the bid invitation, however, you can submit a bid without registering.

<u>Related links -></u>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/5a/4cc5376848616ae10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/49/79c5377023be17e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/a7/32ca3f8a123d1ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is std behaviour.To change the message to warning,you may have to modify the Std code.Also try using the BADI "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI" to default the Dummy Bidder.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To what destination are you publishing your bid invitation ?

How SRM know where to send your bid invitation ?

Did you create a vendor as marketplace ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha and Atul,

Thanks for your input,

If it's a standard behavior than its really hard to accept functionally...

Yann - Can you elaborate more on Vendor as MarketPlace?..

We are working on standard bidding cycle..

Regards,

Sandeep

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was refering to portals/marketplace.

In the Bid invitation, you can add vendors or portals (defined in the bbpmainint).

Portals is especially for public bid invitation.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yann ..

I think i will escalate this to SAP for some convincing answer.

Regards,

Sandeep