Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy DC from one comp to another

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 computer both same configuration , installed with same NWDS version.

In one of then I have created a WD DC .

when I deployed it to my server , everything is ok .

when I copy the DC to another computer rebuild it and "create archive" it's still fine.

However , when I tired to upload it from the this computer I got a warning and the application won't run:

18/07/2007 17:36:46 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] WARNING:

[010]Deployment finished with warning

Settings

SDM host : sapep6dev

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/HADAR1.D_S/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp44903.ear

Result

=> deployment not executed : file:/C:/DOCUME1/HADAR1.D_S/LOCALS~1/Temp/temp44903.ear

com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The archive must be deployed with a 6.20 SDM, which has a SDM-SDA compatible version 1 or greater.

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

Can any one help ?

Regards,

Hadar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using same J2EE engine in both of the machines ?

If yes can you try deployment on the server where it worked.

If not. Check the way you copied the dc. For copying the dc, always create new dc and copy the contents (src folder) to new one.

Best Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

hadar_morchi
Participant
0 Kudos

Great ! 10x

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you want to copy a DC you need to create a new, empty DC. Then you need to copy just the source-keeping folders, in WD case the "src" is sufficient. Additionally, you need to adjust the DC metadata; the easiest way is to do this manually by checking the DC Metadata folder in the WebDynpro perspective. Especially check the "Used DCs" section and make sure you are using the same DCs as the origin DC.