Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compsition Environment :- interface controller in web dynpro

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed NW CE 7.1 and am trying to trigger an event created in the Interface controller. I observed that the methods and the events declared in the interface controller are not accessible in the view level. Has the WD design time concepts undergone a change?. In short, I'm not able to add the Interface controller as a required controller in any of the views that are present inside the same component.

<b>Any clues on this?</b>

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

here is a brand new document (thanks to Bertram Ganz ;-):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ba2c45-0518-2a10-73be-9b785e10...

Hope this helps;-)

kind regards

Stefanie

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie

This file is damaged could u please send me something else or html link for this

thanks and regards

satish

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The pdf is downloadable.

You can mail to ashw.kumar@gmail.com

I will reply with the pdf.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes the concept have changed. The programming model is bit different now.e.g you don't have controllers with "component interface definition" or "local component interface definition".

Hence the controller from interface view is now attached to window.. Hence you don't have a interface view controller but only window controller. The method,plugs ect which you declare in interface view has to be implemented in window controller.

But, If you have not done migration of component to new programming model. It doesn't make a difference. Hence if you using any old project (old component) you still have same experience. If this is the case and you are not able to create dependency to interface view controller, please create a OSS message.

Best Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aswani

<b>Thanks for reply</b>

Could u plaease send me some link or document releted to this ,or which explain difference between CE 7.1 and web dynpro .What is OSS message

Regards and Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS notes are SAP provided resolutions for gaps in sap programs or transactions.

They are available in http://service.sap.com/

If you have a problem in som standard sap program and it has no OSS notes available for it, then you can create a OSS message for your problem. sap wil revert to your probelm with a note number

go through these links....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/706005a3-3bd6-2910-91ae-a2016239...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

yes, there is a change in the concept: you now have <b>Window Controllers</b>.

kind regards

Stefanie

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie.

Thanks for reply

Could u plaease send me some link or document releted to this ,or which explain difference between CE 7.1 and web dynpro .

Regards and Thanks

Satish