cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Authentication Fails!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to start the SAP J2EE engine. But it stops. I saw its 'Developer Trace' and there I came to know that its a Database connection error. I am not getting why the database authentication fails. I know the correct username and password values of the database but I am not getting what is the username and password values internally being used by SAP.

<b>So, can you please tell me in which file SAP stores the database username and password so that I can change those values and start my SAP J2EE engine?</b>

regards,

Anand

<i></i>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you post the dev trace with log information here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The developer trace log is as follows:

<i>**********************************************************************

JControlStartJLaunch: program = D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\exe\jlaunch.exe

-> arg[00] = D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\exe\jlaunch.exe

-> arg[01] = pf=D:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\J2E_JC02_mdmdev

-> arg[02] = -DSAPINFO=J2E_02_bootstrap

-> arg[03] = -nodeId=-1

-> arg[04] = -file=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties

-> arg[05] = -syncSem=JSTARTUP_WAIT_ON_5332

-> arg[06] = -nodeName=bootstrap

-> arg[07] = -jvmOutFile=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\work\jvm_bootstrap.out

-> arg[08] = -stdOutFile=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\work\std_bootstrap.out

-> arg[09] = -locOutFile=D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\work\dev_bootstrap

-> arg[10] = -mode=BOOTSTRAP

-> arg[11] = pf=D:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\profile\J2E_JC02_mdmdev

-> lib path = PATH=D:\j2sdk1.4.2\jre\bin\server;D:\j2sdk1.4.2\jre\bin;c:\sapdb\programs\bin;c:\sapdb\programs\pgm;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;D:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386;D:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386

-> exe path = PATH=D:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin;D:\usr\sap\J2E\JC02\j2ee\os_libs;c:\sapdb\programs\bin;c:\sapdb\programs\pgm;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;D:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386;D:\usr\sap\J2E\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386

[Thr 5280] Mon Sep 18 21:07:19 2006

[Thr 5280] *** ERROR => invalid return code of process [bootstrap] (exitcode = 66) [jstartxx.c 1642]

[Thr 5280] JControlExecuteBootstrap: error executing bootstrap node [bootstrap] (rc = 66)

[Thr 5280] JControlCloseProgram: started (exitcode = 66)

[Thr 5280] JControlCloseProgram: good bye... (exitcode = 66)</i>

And the output log file details are as follows:

<i>Exception occurred:

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:422)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:144)

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:814)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

-

==[ Caused by: ]==----

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while connecting to DB.

Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown user name/password combination

</i>

Based upon this much information, please tell me how can I resolve the database authentication error?

regards,

Anand

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems you need to check/set the correct password with config tool:

- start config tool

- goto secure store

- check/modify jdbc/pool/<SID>/Password

- save

- try again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where is the "secure store" option after starting the config tool?

When I start config tool, it displays me the "Connect" dialog box.

And what is the <b><SID></b> mentioned in the jdbc/pool/<SID>/Password?

Anand

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

connect to default DB, than in config tool tree you will see "secure store"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats the problem only. If I try to connect to default DB then I get the following error in the dialog box:

<i><b>Error occured while working with Configuration (Scanning)

Msg: Error while connectin to DB</b></i>

Thats what I am not getting, where these database authentication details are stored in SAP. I want to change them.

regards,

Anand

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first you have to provide what exactly you did to the system?

I afraid that you damaged secure store, because config tool has the connection data in SecStore.properties. If you copied your system or damaged the database -

this might be a problem.

But configtool starts always!!! And it should always read the secure store file, even DB is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry. In my case when I fail to connect to default DB, it shows me the secure store link on the left hand side.

I clicked on it and it shown me various key/value properties. Here are the values of various key/value pairs:

<b>jdbc/pool/J2E/ClassName=com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB

jdbc/pool/J2E/Password=xxxxxxxxxx

jdbc/pool/J2E/Url=jdbc:sapdb://mdmdev/J2E?timeout=0&spaceoption=true&unicode=true

jdbc/pool/J2E/User=SAPJ2EDB</b>

As per your suggestion, I tried to change the properties "jdbc/pool/J2E/Password" and "jdbc/pool/J2E/User". But still it could not connect to default DB.

My question is: Is the jdbc/pool/J2E/Password and jdbc/pool/J2E/User properties value must match with the database username and password? Actually my database user is "sa" and I am not getting how it took "SAPJ2EDB".

Kindly answer this query.

regards,

Anand

former_member433984
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

correct user is

jdbc/pool/J2E/User=SAPJ2EDB

not "sa"

You must have the same user "SAPJ2EDB" in your database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a new user "SAPJ2EDB" in SQL Server 2005 with the proper password. But when I configure the same in "secure store", it can not connect to default DB. The error I am getting is:

<i><b>com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error while conn

ecting to DB.

Caused by: com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.DatabaseException: [-4008]: Unknown us

er name/password combination

</b></i>

Can u guess what is the error?

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey my console tool has been started. I think I had given wrong password for SAPJ2EDB user.

And J2EE engine is also running.

Yaroslav Zorenko, thanks a lot for your kind answers.

regards,

Anand