cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy has to Pick up data from File and Send it to JDBC through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a scenario wherein I need to get data from file and send this data to DB through proxy. I want to know whether a proxy can pickup the data from file automatically when data changes in file and sends it to DB (through XI)? Can somebody please help me in this.

Thanks & Regards

Prak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u are looking of code in client proxy refer to the blog:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

for extracting the data u may use a select query like

select name, address into corresponding fields of table itab where <cond>

here itab is an internal table. for more details of internal table and other abap processing post into abap forum. it would yield more results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you das for your reply.

Can you please tell me how can i pick up records from SAP R/3 table by abap proxy.

Thanks

Prak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanx for quick responses.

Actually the scenario which I described is reverse. The proxy has to pick up data from DB and send it to FILE. My DB is having a primary key initially. Now according to the requirements they have removed the primary key field and I have lot of duplicate records. Here duplicates means there is a slight variation in field values for each record except customer name. What the proxy is doing is, it is picking up the first record of duplicates not the other duplicates for eg. if I have 3 same customer names, proxy is picking up only one customer name from 3 and it is going to next customer. But I want to pick up all duplicate customers also. Where can I check what is happening to duplicate records? I am using ABAP proxy and canonical mapping.

Sorry all for initial confusion.

Thanks

Prak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreini,

U can use abap proxy if u r picking some records from SAP ...if ur DB is something else then.. i dont think u can use ABAP proxy.Istead u can go for JAVA proxy.

Thanks

Biplab

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prak

Hope u are refering to SAP DB. if the proxy is picking only one then u shud have used query like select single * or some logic would have considered only one record. so u need to check the kind of query deployed in the client proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Scenario Will be FILE--XI--JDBC

Please Go through this Excellent Blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

Regards

Khanna

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreeni,

The scenario will be File Adapter -

XI------JDBC Adapter. Why u need proxy in this case. Could you please eloborate ur reqmt.

Best regards,

raj.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Proxies are used for the communication with SAP systems like SAP R/3.

Ur requirement is to pick data from file. For that u must use a File Adapter. U cannot achieve this through proxy.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your scenario stands like this.,

Let me know why u require proxy

Message was edited by:

Anandha Krishnan