cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service runs very slow in web browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have successfully migrated the service from standalone to integrated in ECC 6.0. Most of the services are functioning absoulutely fine except for one..

<b>ZETRANSFER</b> is the name of the service. Its running very slow in the browser.Whereras its running absoulutely fine in SAP. Its takes a lot of time to open... Its an ESS service which is used for Employee Transfer..

I have set the following service parameters in SICF.

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1

~LISTSCROLLING 0

~POPUPS 1

~STYLE DHTML

~TRANSACTION ZETRANSFER

~WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE EWT

~AUTOSCROLL 1

I have set the same parameters in SE80 as well..SAPMZEEMPHIST

is the name of the program..

It takes atleast 4-5 min to open the screen.

I need your help guys. Looking forward to the solution

Thanks & Regards,

Subramanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanya,

What kind of content is rendered on the html page and which controls? How big is the resulting HTML page (in kilobytes)?

Is it possible that a huge amount of data is transferred via HTTP?

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Henning,

There are around 8 text boxes and one large text box for comments..

The transaction is working absoulutely fine in SAP.

This is the name of the program:SAPMZETRANSFER

Just check it out and let me know.. Its urgent..

Regards,

Subramanya

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subramanya,

The transaction seems to be a custom developed transaction. The program also does not exist in the ESS test system that I have. You'll have to give more details...please see how big (kb) the page is. If you have the ITS ADM installed you should see were the time is spent for this transaction by logging into the ADMIN service, going to Performance > Thread Performance. To get more accurate numbers for this transaction you should do this after restarting the ITS instance.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are no longer using stanalone ITS we have migrated the services from standalone to integrated. So there is no ADMIN service. the only place where I can see the performance is SMICM.. But that doesn't provide us with the enough information...

There is no HTML page for this it is generated dynamically by parameter..

~GENERATEDYNPRO 1.

Is there any other tool where we can admin the active services..

waiting for your reply..

Regards,

Subramanya

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subramanya,

can you please tell us more about the application? What does it show? Is there a large table or is there a large tree? Does the visual structure look like the, say, SE80 or is it a simple Dynpro?

What browser are you using?

Please take a look at the task manager and the CPU? Does the browser (IE) use lot of the CPU?

Did you check note 1027265? There is some issue with the Internet Explorer. Microsoft and SAP are working together tightly to find a solution. Unfortunately, the issue is hard to catch.

On the other side it could be just a mass data issue. If the application server needs to collect a huge amount of data and let the ITS show these data, the browser needs a lot of time to render the information.

Are you able to save the HTML document on your local machine ("Save as ...", "Web Page, complete (*.htm; *.html))? If yes, it would be a great time saver when evaluating the static document.

Thanks and best regards,

T. J. Domsalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screen neither perform any large table access nor does it has any complicated

Structure.

It has around 4 text boxes and a couple of Dropdown menus.It has a very simple structure.

But the yeh It consumes 100% of the CPU.Process IEXPLORE.EXE consumes 99% of the CPU.

I think it must be the same problem the one which they have mentioned in Note.

Thanks & Regards,

Subramanya

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subramanya,

that's what I suspected. But, if this is a relative simple document, can you save it as HTML page (complete) locally? If so we will find a way that you can send me the file for further evaluation? It would be really helpful to find a simple static example that shows this behaviour.

What Internet Explorer do you use? What Addons do you have installed? Do you use a virus scanner?

With best regards,

T. J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Internet explorer 6.0. No add-on's have been installed. neither I use any virus scanner..

But unfortunately I cannot send the page to you. Since I am working at my clients place...

Regards,

Subramanya

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Subramanya,

do you mind to open an OSS message about this issue? I am up to this issue and need all information I can get. Also, I need more examples of these to let the Microsoft people find the problem in the code of the IE.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

TJ