Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel for RFC adapter: RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help me with this one!

Here's the situation;

1. I've created a receiver Communication Channel type RFC.

2. The CC for RFC points to a BI instance on another physical server.

3. The Message Interface associated with it is a BAPI.

When a run my scenario, start my CC, in XI monitoring, I get a successful status. But in the target system, BI, no messages were created!

When I investigate, by reading the trace at the call adapter step, I can see that the URL to connect is referring my XI instance instead of BI ????

Whatever I'm doing, putting a unrelated username & password for the target system (BI), I'm still getting a succesful status in Monitoring!

As anyone face that issue? I can't figure out on how to correct this situation!

Thank you very much, in advance, for some guiding lights!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It's already flaged! The commit value has been enabled! How come than, I can't even find a single trace on the target system, about the commit failure???

And in the beginning of this thread, I' ve mentionned that I could change Username & password information that do not exist in the target system & still could not get an connection error in XI message monitoring... It looks like the connection is pointing to XI instead of BI!!!

Do you have any clues??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thank you for your prompt answer!

Yes in my RFC communication Channel, I've correctly identified BI as the application server. And yes, the BAPI metada was downloaded from the BI application server...

In the monitoring of the Adapter channel, I've noticed this error;

Delivery of the message to the application using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Exception thrown in method process. The transaction is marked for rollback.: com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.BaseTransactionRolledbackLocalException: Exception thrown in method process. The transaction is marked for rollback..

And even with this error, XI Monitoring as the status as successful!

Do you have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this situation??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tersant,

You see this message as success in sxmb_moni because XI has received the message correctly and mapped fine and sending to the reciever.

It is the problem with the receiver end. Try once like this:

In the advance mode of the RFC ADAPTER you have the following parameter

Commit Control for Single BAPI Calls:

If you want to use this communication channel to call BAPIs as remote-enabled function modules that change data in the database, set the indicator.

If executed successfully, the transaction is written to the database by calling the function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT explicitly. If an error occurs, the transaction is rolled back by BAPI_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the same error. If you have any fix for this then please do let me know.Thanks ravdasari@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tersant,

Check in your receiver RFC Communication channel whether you have given the application server as BI or not. Here all the details should be for BI application server.

Also check whether you have a RFC destination for the BI or not. Also while doing mapping you should import your BAPI from BI system only.

Regards,

---Satish