cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW INSTALL ON MS SQL SERVER 2000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried to install SAP BW IDES with MS SQL Server 2000 but unfortunately it was unsuccessful. An error occurred at the last operation progress.

Here is the error :

" Unable to add acount SAPMssXPUser to group Administrators. The specified account name is already a member of the local group. "

The process of installation is stopped at : " Changing account...Server\SAPMssXPUser"

So would you be so kind to give me some help about this. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try to remove the the SAPMssXPUser from the administrators group and restart the installation (or click on retry).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The problem is that I can not find the account SAPMssXPUser in Sql Server. I don't know where it is and I am not sure it has been created.

Where can I find this account ?

Thank you.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not in the SQL server, in your operating system, this is a Windows user.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

And thanks to your answer, it helped me to succeed in this first step but unfortunately 1 minute later during the install process I have a new error telling me :

MDB-05042 Error while executing script "CREATE DATABASE BW3 ON PRIMARY ( name = 'BW3DATA1' , filename = ' C:\BW3DATA1\BW3DATA1.mdf ', size = 11000 FILEGROWTH = 60 )....... idem for BWDATA2 ......... idem for BWDATA3 MODIFY FILE encountered operating system error 112 while attempting to expand the physical file. CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be create.

Could you help me to solve this error . Thank you in advance.

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check the available space in your server. Looks like your server's hard disk does not have enough space.