cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS cofiguration - Production server not connecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a problem with CMS configuration on my netweaver 4s environment. The three servers I'm trying to configure are PI 7.0 dev, test prod. My dev and test envrionment connected fine and transports are working without any problem. However, my production system (which is a clustered ABAP+Java server) fails to connect when I add the URL to track data and save it. At first, it appears to accept it but when I hit refresh the link vanishes. No errors are displayed. Does anyone have some ideas on how to debug this issue?

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link. it contains info about required roles for CMS :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/88/9959400d9d1059e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

If it is SLD configured , then goto "SLDAPICUST" and put the full host name and password and run "RZ70" and activate it and then in "SXMB_ADMIN" --> "Manage Queues".

Or check the hosts file if the entry is made.

Or

Remove the proxy settings while on VPN and then try it out.

Thank you.

• Please award points if useful **

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. I checked all the connections you recommended which was good to do but the actual problem was that my lsadmin id was set by the administrator id and was waiting for it's password to be changed at the next login. CMS doesn't give a good message when the lsadmin id isn't working right. It just blinks and doesn't save the URL.

Lee