cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector 2.0.1, MiniWAS 6.20 and Visual Studio .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I downloaded the SAP Connector 2.0.1 and read in the release notes it needs at least Visual Studio .NET 2003 Pro or higher. I want to install this on a laptop with 512 Mb of memory running MiniWAS 6.20. Due to the prohibitively high cost of VS .NET 2005, I figured I'd try to get the 2003 version which is somewhat more affordable.

My question is, aside from the fact that I only have the kernel to play with, is this a viable installation? Will I be able to get all the pieces to work together with MiniWAS 6.20?

I am looking at this as a learning exercise before I attack customer problems.

Any help or insights will be appreciated. I am on my third MiniSAP system but have never installed VS nor the .NET Connector.

Thanks!

John Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NCo is a developer tool for .NET developers, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to have it without Visual Studio. VS 2005 is NOT supported, but different versions of VS 2003. "or higher" means that we cannot support VB, VC# or VS "Standard" or "Book" Editions, but all Professional, Enterprise or other "higher" version. The trial version (120 days) will also work - this might be the perfect learning package for you.

In the past we even had a DVD that came with exactly this combination : VS 2003 Profession Trial, MiniWAS and NCo. Unfortunately we ran out of copies. If you are lucky, you could perhaps find somebody in the Microsoft Competence Center that still have one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

I went to the MS website:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/trial/default.aspx

and I couldn't figure out a way to download the 60 day trial copy. I got to this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/render.aspx?view=22&type=std&content=22/TSC/Developers&ss=22/...

Then I just went to the link to order from <b>outside</b> the US and I got the order page!!??

I was able to order a 60 day trial copy - <i>Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 60-Day DVD Trial - English (DVD</i> for $9.95 US (such a deal, much cheaper than $799 US. I paid $7.95 for 2nd day air.)

Thank You very much for your help. When I get it, I will install it and then install the .NET Connector. Hopefully, I should then be able to move some data from my MiniWAS 6.20 to EXCEL (at least that is the plan)

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

John Ryan

Answers (0)